The One and Only

"Wha- what?" I laugh nervously, taken aback by his irrationality.

"Marry me." He repeats, his damn grin without a hint a sarcasm.

I expected myself to feel happy. Ecstatic even.But instead I'm overcome with anger.

"Are you fucking serious?"

He takes a step back and pulls up his pants, confused with my outburst.

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Jesus Christ Negan! You have like 20 wives! No I will not become another one of your play-toys that you can just throw around whenever you feel like it."

I pull on my clothes and go to march out the door but he catches my arm, spinning me around to face him.

"So what is this?!" He's not angry, I can tell by his voice. However his face is trying to convince me otherwise. "What are we doing then?" His voice unsteady.

"I don't know." I lower my voice and look down to the floor. The anger drained, leaving me wanting to cry.

"I- I really like you."

I scoff at his poor attempt to convince me to stay and try to turn around but his grip tightens.

"We're not 12 Negan. At the end of the day, you have 20 other women to make you happy, which they clearly don't. What makes you think I would make a difference?"

"Because..."

"Exactly. I wouldn't. I-"

"I love you."

He lets go of my arm and looks down to the floor.

Without knowing what to say I just stand in front of him, my heart beating out of my chest. When he finally raises his head to look at me I smile and step into his arms. Pressing my cheek up against his chest as he rests his chin on my head, wrapping his arms tight around me.

"You're right though." He whispers.

"I'm always right." I giggle into his chest, a tear falling from my eye and soaking into his top. "Right about what?"

"I have 20 wives... and none of them make me happy like you do."

"Well that's a given." I giggle into his chest some more and he smiles down at me.

"I'll leave them. All of them."

I look up at him, into his deep hazel eyes.

"Really?" my voice an unintentional whisper.

"For you; anything."

A/N:

Sorry its so short but I hope you like it!!

Get ready for a twist in the next couple of chapters!