Chapter 3

"Interview, huh, I guess that explains the suit. I feel for ya, dude. Even demons gotta find a job after junior high!" The boy sneered. He had his goons holding me down in an alleyway. How in hell did they not see this guy was a demon! They didn't see his horns?! Are these dumbasses blind?! This guy was about to shave my head! For some reason I just felt really mad and next thing I know the goons let up and started to run away screaming. Finally they saw the demon! Wait... I saw a blue light and looked down at my hands and saw... blue flames?

"What the hell?"

_---o0o---_

"My name's Rin Okumura. Nice to meet ya." I said to the room of people. I guess they were my classmates, I don't know, Clowney just brought me to this stupid Cram School. I looked around and sat in the second row, middle desk. Clowney, or Mephisto, was in dog-form next to me.

A few minutes passed and our teacher walked in- YuKiO!?!

I got over that real fast when a girl walked in a few seconds after my twin brother. "And we have our first late-comer of the year, class."

"I'm no late-comer Yukio, I'm your student aide! Remember four eyes! Hi everyone, I'm Amberleigh!" She looked maybe a year younger than me; she had fizzy brown hair and copper eyes. She was wearing jean shorts and a gray shirt, with a white button up over it. Though what really confused me was she wore all of that with heels. I mean I'm not obsessed with my look but I knew what looked good and what didn't.

"Oh, Ms. Pheles. I didn't realize you were coming today, or that you were... so young." Yukio said, rubbing the back of his neck, embarrassed. "Everyone this is Amberleigh Pheles, she works with the New York branch of the True Cross. She's also the director's daughter."

"Adopted daughter." Amberleigh corrected.

She sat in the back of the room and watched everyone's eyes turning as she walked by. Amberleigh grabbed Clown-dog and sat down in the back desk. They started having a quiet conversation. "Didn't know clowney had a daughter." I said underneath my breath.

"What was that Rin?"

"Nothing Yu- teacher."

This was going to be a long year.

_---o0o---_

"Rin! I have a mission, I'll be gone for the next few hours!" Yukio called up for the front door of the dorm building. I heard the door close downstairs and I stood up from my desk. I decided to go and grab some water from the kitchen. I wanted to test a theory of mine.