Chapter 8

I'm shit at fight scenes. Sorry.

~

The group waited in their positions for Iblis to show. They were like that for fifteen minutes before the King of Fire finally arrived. Rin was standing in the middle of camp to bait her in. "Hey big sis! It's good to finally meet you!"

"Rin..." Iblis sneered, throwing a fireball at him, which Rin dodged, only getting a few embers on his upper right arm. He patted them out with his hand.

"I get that you're a hot head Ibby but seriously. This is a new jacket." Rin dodged another fireball thrown at him. "Okay now I'm pissed." He unsheathed Kurikara and he summoned his own flames.

"Those flames should be mine! Not in the hands of some halfling!" Iblis created a spear out of fire as she charged Rin.

The two demonic flames combined, to create a somewhat purple blaze. The Exorcists surrounded the two with the Demigods following soon after. They all remembered their part to play from their meeting, even though most were opposed to it.

~

"We can't do that! Rin, that would affect you as well!" Yukio told his older brother as he slammed his hands onto the wooden table. Rin just shook his head.

"We are fighting a Demon King. I don't care if I get hurt this is our only way to stop her before all of New England catches on fire." He heard Annabeth and Nico snicker slightly, remembering when Thalia almost did that.

"Rin, it's suicide." Shura said, taking Yukio's side for once.

"Who cares! What's my life vs thousands of humans."

~

Rin's job was to occupy and distract Iblis.

Shiemi and Nee would create a shield around everyone using a non-flammable plant.

Shura and Izumo would create a barrier around everyone to try and keep the flames contained.

Bon, Shima, and Koneko's job was to start reciting different verses and mantras to weaken Iblis.

While Piper used Charmspeak to make Iblis's power diminish.

Jason was creating a storm above them to dampen the flames.

Yukio and Annabeth were waiting with holy water darts and bullets for the final shot.

Everyone was soaked in the downpour, Shiemi and Jason were clinging to consciousness, Piper's throat was like sandpaper, the Kyoto Trio had run out of verses and mantras so they went to help Shiemi and Jason. Izumo was trying to see if her familiars could do anything, though that mission was fruitless, Shura's familiar was a fire familiar, so she was useless.

Rin and Iblis still had their spear and sword locked in combat, their flames very weakened as well as their bodies though the two children of Satan wouldn't give up. Finally, Rin pushed Iblis away a few feet and she slipped in the wet soil. The King of Fire sat in the dirt and tried to regain her bearings as Rin yelled over the rain. "Yukio! Annabeth! NOW!"

Annabeth put three blow darts full of triple C holy water into Iblis's back as she stood. Iblis froze in pain as the water entered her bloodstream. Yukio shot Iblis full of his bullets of naiad water. Iblis fell onto the ground in pain as her flames disappeared completely.

Rin collected all of the strength he had left and charged his older sister with Kurikara, his blade collided with the Demon's neck and went through cleanly. The Demon King's head rolled across the ground to a stop as the body slumped over into the mud.

Iblis was dead.

Rin let out a sigh, he dropped his sword to the ground next to him and collapsed, unconscious next to his sister's body.

From their distance, the others couldn't tell if he was dead or alive.

---

Annabeth Chase sat against Thalia's pine tree overlooking the valley in front of Camp Half-Blood's entrance. She had a sketchbook in her lap as she was drawing a blueprint for some new architecture project.

As she was mapping out a column she jumped as she heard someone sit down next to her. The daughter of Athena turned and saw a boy with dark blue almost black hair and deep blue eyes. He was wearing a blue hoodie with a sling and cast around his right arm and stitches on his forehead. "Hey."

"Hey." Annabeth grabbed a tissue from her bag and wiped away some blood that had escaped Rin's stitches. "How are you feeling?"

"Good, for the most part at least. My arm still aches and I have headaches a lot but other than that I'm good." He laughed a bit at the end. She smiled at him turning back to look at the valley below them. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Rin spoke again. "I have to head back to Japan soon."

"I know, it's just... I've already had to try and live a life without you three times now. I don't think I'm ready for the fourth." Annabeth felt her eyes watering as Rin grabbed her hand.

"Come to Japan with me. If we were really 'true love' like everyone around here says then we're bound to fall for each other again, right?" Rin said, his eyes involuntarily watering as well. Annabeth just shook her head sadly.

"I have a responsibility here. I can't just up and leave with you, even though I want to." She looked down at the grass and tried desperately to blink the tears away. Rin pushed a blonde curl back behind her ear. He was about to speak but they both heard Amberleigh down the hill, "Okumura! We gotta leave now. Kirigakure wants us back at the school ASAP!"

Rin sighed as he quickly wiped away the tears on his face and responded, "I'm on my way Pheles!... I'm sorry. I have to go."

Rin stood up from his spot and started walking down the hill towards the other exorcist. Annabeth quickly stood as well and watched as Rin walked away. Though, in her eyes it was still Percy, her Seaweed-Brain. "Hey Rin!"

The son of Satan turned towards her, he was half-way between Annabeth and Amberleigh. One or the other, stuck between two worlds.

"I watched you, after the battle and... You still drool in your sleep."

FIN.