Apples (marecal)

Au-ish

When they first started dating, Mare found his love for history and musicals somewhat annoying.

Like, these people are dead already. And who breaks out into song every two minutes about their life?

As time passed, however, she found herself singing "You'll be Back" and randomly memorizing Roman battle strategies more than she'd like to admit. Quiet dinners were spent of Cal talking about a new favorite book of his, Mare paying attention to every word.

One time, he said that a way the Greeks proclaimed their love for someone was by throwing an apple to them. She laughed lightly at the thought of someone missing and hitting their head.

Two years later, he actually missed and hit her head at a family gathering. For someone that worked with numbers for years, he found it horrifying to see Mare's ear turn a dark shade of pink as her brothers guffawed.

Mare saw the apple, and her boyfriend (after a while) approached her, getting down at one knee.

She froze at the irony and started crying, Shade was ready to throw hands, and Cal was getting anxious at the thought that this was not to say to do things.

She sniffles and says yes, and all is well.

Short, yes, but these are drabbles. I look forward to requests.

This is the third writer typing, and have a good day🙂