Chapter 5

SADLY, SINCE THE LAST CHAPTER THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED: I DON'T OWN THE MERLIN CHARACTERS. ONLY ALARA. SORRY TO DISAPPOINT. 

Enjoy!

The next morning, Merlin woke by himself, which was strange and made Merlin suspicious. Usually one of the knights woke him so he would be able to have the camp packed up before the rest of the knights woke up. 'So why didn't they wake me up?' The sleepy young warlock thought.

Thankfully, his question was answered hastily with the voice of the king of Camelot.

"Ah, Merlin! Enjoy your lie in?" He said, standing over his bleary-eyed servant. "We are packed up and ready to go, so get sore bottom on your horse." Even after he had done something nice for Merlin, he just had to pick on him once again. Merling didn't think he could go a day without teasing the raven-haired boy.

Merlin sighed and got up stiffly, his back cracking as he stretched. 

"Um, yes?" Merlin said, a bit confused as to why they let him sleep. The memory of the hectic night prior came rushing back to him, making him stagger ever so slightly when he realized what had been revealed. The knights knew about his sister. Arthur knew as well. And worse than that was the fact that they all knew that he lied to them. Perfect.

'Although," thought Merlin, looking around at the knights who were all acting like themselves, not even giving Merlin an extra look or anything. "Maybe they are over it."

"Merlin!" A cheery voice called to him from the horses. "Come here, we are almost ready to go! This time, try not to fall asleep on your horse." Gwaine chuckled, not letting him forget about their hunting trip a few weeks ago. Once again, Merling sighed and joined the knights at the horses, strapping his saddlebag onto his ride.

As the knights had their horses start walking to their left, Merlin stared at them, confused once again.

"Guys?" Merlin asked, "Shouldn't we be heading that way?" He pointed to their right, where they were planning on going. Why were they going the opposite direction than they were supposed to? It didn't even lead to Camelot, so Merlin was very confused.

Arthur sighed, "You really are an idiot sometimes aren't you, Merlin? Obviously, we called off the trip."

"What? Why?"

Another sigh from the King. "We aren't going hunting anymore, we are going to get your sister, just like your mother asked." At that, Merlin's eyes went wide.

"No, you guys don't have to do that!" Merlin protested. "I will be fine on my own. Don't call off your trip!"

"Merlin," Intruded Elyan. "Your mother even asked for you to bring help."

"but..." Merlin tried.

"No, Merlin. That's final. We are coming with you. Besides," Arthur smiled "We can still hunt on the way there."

"Think of it as our apology, yah?" Said Gwaine.

"Fine," Merlin muttered. It wasn't that he was not grateful, but he didn't want to stop their fun. And besides, when Arthur didn't get what he wanted, he got grumpy, so Merlin decided not to argue. "Let's go then." He spurred (Is that correct?) his horse, and they were off.

So, I am going to try to update once a week at least. Which basically is that if I feel like it, I may put 2 chapters up. Life can be crazy and unpredictable though, so no promises, sorry.