Chapter 8

I DON'T OWN MERLIN OR THE OTHER CHARACTERS, OTHER THAN ALARA.

The 2 days ride to Camelot was quite uneventful. Merlin sat in the wagon with his twin, never taking his eyes off her, and making sure she was comfortable. Merlin was so distracted, he didn't see all of the pitiful and concerned looks that the knights were throwing him. He just kept staring at his sister with sad eyes.

After the first day of riding and having to stop to sleep, the knights had to literally carry Merlin off the wagon away from his sister. they kept telling him that he had to sleep, but he would just shake his head and tell them he couldn't. He had to take care of his sister. Eventually, the knights had to knock him out, knowing that a Merlin without sleep is like knight without a sword - they are reliant on one another to survive.

When Merlin woke on the second day with a slight bump on his head, he glared at the knights and ran over to his sister, making sure she was ok, which she was.

After riding for a few more hours, they finally arrived in Camelot, greeted by Gwen and Gauis.

Gwen's face lit up when she saw Arthur and ran over to him. "Arthur! You're back early!"

"Yes, we ran into a small problem." The King explained

Gwen's face fell. "Problem? What kind of problem? Is everyone alright?" She asked concerned.

"Everyone is fine, Gwen. We just had to make a detour and get Merlin's sister." Gwen looked confused at that statement and Gauis gasped.

"Alara? is she alright?" The physician asked.

"Hunith believes that her condition is getting worse and asked us to bring her to you," Arthur explained.

"Alright then," Gauis said, "Where is she?" he asked the King.

"In the wagon with Merlin."

"Good. Merlin," Gauis ordered his ward, "Why not you bring her to my chambers? Get Gwaine or Percival to help carry her cot." He instructed

"Yes, Gauis," Came Merlin's reply. "but are you sure it is safe to move her?"

"It should be, just keep her on her back and try not to jostle her around too much."

"Right," Merlin said, picking up one end of his sister's cot while Percival got the other. "Let's go then."

Hi! Um, a quick disclaimer. I don't know a lot about comas, so this is made up. Do not think that this is real information. Ok Bye.

They carefully brought the sleeping form through the castle and up into Gauis' chambers, trying not to bump into anything. Gauis instructed them to lay her down softly on the bed in the middle of the room, as he got various concoctions for the slumbering girl.

Suddenly a cry rose up from beside the bed. "Gauis!" Merlin yelled, panicking, "Gauis, she stopped breathing!" he cried. Gauis rushed to merlin's side, starting chest compressions.

"Merlin, we need to get her breathing again. I taught you how to do that, correct?" Gaius asked, and Merlin nodded back, starting to blow air into his sister's lungs, while internally pleading to anyone and everyone that she would be alright. He couldn't lose her, not now, or ever.

After the scariest moments of Merlin's life were over, Alara began to breathe again, chest rising and falling slowly. Merlin sighed in relief, plopping onto the floor next to his twin's bed, shaking with fear and adrenaline.

Gaius put a hand and his shoulder and handed him a bottle. "Here," he said, "Drink this, it'll help," Gaius promised. Merlin downed it in one gulp, looking at Gauis in confusion as his eyelids started to droop.

"Gaius," Merlin slurred, "What-" Then he slumped onto the floor in a deep sleep.

As Gaius got Percival to pick up the warlock and bring him to his bed to sleep, he looked at his ward with a sad expression, then got to work on Alara, propping her head and feet up (Again, making this up) and giving her various potions to try to heal the girl.