Chapter 13

I DO NOT OWN THE MERLIN CHARACTERS OR MERLIN.

Aaaaaahhh! Last chapter!

I decided that THIS BOOK WILL HAVE A SEQUEL. Yay! You don't have to say goodbye to Alara just yet. So, yes, I am doing a sequel to this story, and no, it has not been written, and I haven't started it (I sorta need to finish this first).

I will do a sequel for you guys if YOU want. Which means you have to leave a comment or something so I know you want another book! If I don't get any requests then once I get maybe 2000 reads I will do one anyway, because I understand that some people don't like commenting and that many reads show that it's worth my time. Not that I have anything else to do :)

Sorry for that huge message. Onto the story! (ps: I wrote like half of this chapter and then lost it and I am sad that I have to write it again. Ugh)

Merlin opened the creaky wooden door of the chambers. "Gwen?" He called

"Oh, Merlin! Arthur! How was the feast?" Gwen asked from beside Alara's cot.

Arthur was the first to answer. "It was alright, it's too bad you weren't there. I trust that you got the food the kitchen sent up for you?"

"I did, yes. Thank you. And I don't mind. Merlin is a friend, I would do anything for him." Gwen said with a smile towards the warlock, who smiled back. "What are you guys doing back so early?"

"Oh!" Merlin piped up, "Gaius said that Alara may wake up soon, so I came here to check on her."

"That's great Merlin! I hope she does wake up! I would love to have another friend, especially Alara. She sounds lovely."

"Thanks, Gwen." Said Merlin, "You should go and sleep, you were up all night yesterday caring for her. And take Arthur," Merlin added, "If he doesn't sleep enough he gets grumpy, and it's hard to wake him up."

Gwen laughed and took Arthur by the hand, guiding him out of the room with a goodbye. Only seconds after the two of them left the room, Gaius walked in. 

"Gaius!" Merlin exclaimed before continuing sheepishly, "Sorry I left you up there."

"That's quite all right Merlin." Gaius said with a smile, "You were just excited."

Merlin nodded in agreement and turned to his sister. "Is there a way we can wake her up faster?" He asked the physician.

"No way that I am aware of. I even checked your book of magic and found nothing. We just need to let her wake up on her own." Gaius told him, "Although, now that she is slightly more awake, she may be able to hear you."

Merlin nodded and looked back at his sister and put her hands in his.

"Alara? I don't know if you can hear me or not, but it's Merlin. Your twin. I hope you remember me. I need you to wake up Alara. The world isn't the same without you." Merlin squeezed his eyes shut and continued. "Please, please wake up Alara. I need you. I need your laughter and your criticisms. I need your kindness and your selflessness. Please, Alara. Please come back to us. You can have a life with me here, in Camelot. Sometime's it gets dangerous with my magic, but it's still fine. I know that you don't like the idea of big places, but you would love it here. And you can live with me and Gaius, and..." Merlin continued rambling to his sister, his eyes still closed tightly, not realizing how Gaius' eyes widened at the scene in front of him.

Merlin was surrounded by a golden aura, that filled the air with the smell of raw power and magic. The warlock's raven hair blew wildly around him like he was in a wind storm, yet nothing around him seemed to be affected by it. The whole time that this was happening, Merlin's eyes were shut, and he was still whispering to his sister, begging her to wake up.

Gaius was about to interrupt the abnormal scene, but another voice beat him to it. The voice was sweet and gentle, but still a bit raspy from lack of use.

"Merlin?" The voice asked.

Merlin opened his eyes and the aura faded, and Merlin gasped and felt tears of joy run down his face.

"Alara?" He asked, almost too quietly to hear. "It's really you?"

His twin nodded from her spot on the cot and lifted her head to look at her brother better.

"Are you ok, Merlin?" Alara asked,

Merlin was now sobbing and only managed a nod in return. 

"Merlin, it's alright," Alara said, sitting up and hugging her brother tightly. "Everything is going to be alright." Merlin found it funny that his sister was comforting him in this situation, but that's just the way the twins were. Alara was always comforting him, no matter the circumstance. 

Merlin just hugged his sister back, glad to be in her warm embrace, and he didn't show any signs of letting go anytime soon, and neither did his sister. The two siblings just sat there, wrapped in each other's arms, knowing that everything was going to be alright.

Oh. My. Gosh. It's finished :'( 

I have no words. This was my first fanfic, and I really hope you all enjoyed it! If you ever have an idea for a story you would like me to write, just comment and I will do my best to find your comment and write the story for you!

Thanks for reading, people! You are all amazing!