There Goes My Appetite (Ch. 8)

Your POV

I sat back down at the table and resumed eating. My mom smiled at me, "I see you found the sub. Like it?"

I nodded and swallowed what was in my mouth, "Mom, you make everything so great! How can could I not? But, uh... Mind telling me yer secret?" I took another bite.

My mom just chuckled, "Well, when you have someone great to feed, one must make greatness to feed.

I move into a goofy pose and bat my eyes, "You flatter me, mother!"

She laughed then jokingly said, "Oh honey, I was talking about myself." I held my hand to my heart and acted hurt. Mom just laughed. Meanwhile, John just stared. Jeez. Mom gets my humor, why can't he?!

"Eat your food so you can go and do homework." John said very seriously.

Happiness level: Down 100.

"You know, that would be great... If I had homework!" I replied, with a poker face. 

John glared, "Then study after eating."

"For what? There's no test this month! Or next month! And it's almost the end of the school year, so I would just have to flip through my flashcards." I said through gritted teeth.

Mom gave me a look, "(Y/N), calm down. John was merely making a suggestion."

I took a deep breath, "Fine, whatever." I munched on my sub.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

I finished my sub, and turned to mom. "Mom, I'm gonna go and either be bored or surf the web in my room, okay?"

She nodded, "Alright." I turned my head to John, and nodded a goodbye. He in return gave me a look that said two things, 'Goodbye.' and 'Thank God, you're leaving.'

I quickly grabbed my bag from the living room and headed upstairs to my room.