What?!! (Ch.4)

Your POV

I sprinted towards my house, not wanting to see if anyone had heard me yell. After a bit of running, I noticed something pitch black in the corner of my eye. I skid to a stop.

I turned my head a bit. Whatever it was, hadn't moved. 'Guess it's okay to go back and check...' I thought. I turned around completely, and saw a sickly skinny figure blending into the trees, but it stood out.

A little startled, but the figure didn't seem to scare me. That much. I stared at it. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. The figure was fairly skinny, as I said before, with long arms and black...tenticles...? Or tendrils, that were protruding out of its back.

Through the darkness, the figure moved. It was gone...gone as quickly as it came.

Interesting.

I thought back to the figure, and realized I barely saw any of it for long. All I know was that its body was black, maybe I saw little bits of white here and there, and that's it, I don't know. I know it had a head. But I want to see its face next time...

Does it have a face...?

No worry. Go home, self. Do some stupid shit and you're back on track. Like eat cheetos. I'm going to eat cheetos. Or whatever the duck I want. Ooh! I'll fry a duck!

There was a particular forest near my house, I don't know I just felt the need to go near it as of now.

I slowly made my way to the path which led to the dark forest. The sky was getting darker and darker. How long was I running? Ahh! Stupid stupid stupid! I should just smack myself in the head for not keeping track of time!

Ugh just get this over with!

I feel like I won't be able to get sleep if I don't do this. But I also don't think I'll get sleep either if I did.

I walked through the forest, hearing my feet crunch under the dirt with each step I took. The place was eerie, and silent, like anything could happen. The trees were twisted and bent, this forest was abandoned long ago, I remember. They stopped using the trees here and no longer chop them off since a certain incident happened. Incident incident... What was it, what was it, that incident, again...?

Ah, yes.

Cursed Trees, they called it.

The trees and forest itself here have brought nothing but sorrow, and sadness, and tragedy.

There's not much about the particular story, all you need to know is that some fucked up shit happened here.

I looked up at the sky again. Oh no. What...!

The sky is changing.

The sky is a sickening green. A deep green that has little tints of blue here and there, with green clouds swirling around lazily. The green clouds had small swirls of white, and the green seemed as dark as the green of the forest trees. Well, for the trees that actually had leaves.

Trees everywhere. Here and there. They were all dead. And tall. Very tall, in fact.

I took a step closer to one of them, and it had a carving into it. This particular symbol...

I looked around quickly. No one else was here with me. I checked the other trees. Same symbol, same symbol, same, same, same, same, same! Am I going insane?!

Ha, nah. I was already insane when I was born into this world.

Symbols...everywhere. What did they mean? I felt sort of....connected to them, somehow. I don't know, I just felt this weird string of energy pulling me to each tree, that's what it feels like.

Eerie.

I'm eerie.

The whole time I have been a little frightened by what could be laying in the shadows, when I'm the only eerie thing that lurks in this forest.

I sighed, and turned back. This was a fun adventure. Hearing the crunch of my feet again made me feel comfortable on my walk back home. But then I felt something was wrong. Really wrong.

{A/N: If music is still playing, turn it off and stay somewhere quiet for that eerie feel.}

It was extra silent...

I mean, before it was silent, but there was a small gust of wind that can subtly be heard and now I can't feel nor hear that wind anymore. Strange. It shouldn't mean anything. It's just the weather.

Wait, I'm strange, shut the hell up.

Despite this, I still paused and try to feel for the comforting wind. No movement.

Everything was perfectly still.

Until...

A crunch.

I heard...a crunch.

Quickly, I turned around. I thought I was the only one here. No one comes here, it's the cursed forest, everyone knows that. I have never been so scared in my life.

Whatever it was, stepped closer. I heard another crunch, but this time it was louder. I sniffed. The air smelled of burning wood. I glanced around quickly, but there was no sign of fire or much light at all.

Finally, I took one last turn and there it was, a strangely familiar figure.

I don't even remember which way is home anymore.

I stuttered, trying to get the words out once I found out what this is.

The figure, about 2 whole humans taller than me, had no face. Paper white skin and long, boney fingers built the strangeness of the creature. It wore a suit, with a black tie.

"Y-You..." I choked out. I usually don't get like this.

I know who this is.

His name is...

Slender Man.

Well anyways, if the picture didn't load, it was just a normal picture of Slenderman, don't worry.