Welcome to Hell Ver. 2: Not-so-Warm Welcome

A/N: for those of you who don't mind waiting to meet the main cast, here you go.

Also, quick warning for mild ableist language.

——

One of the many very nice things about Heaven is that you are freed from all physical and emotional burdens that held you back in life.

In your particular case, for example, this meant that upon your death and ascension to Heaven, you were no longer plagued by the fears and debilitating anxiety that often stopped you from pursuing your life's Purpose and doing things you might have otherwise enjoyed. In fact, these burdens had kept you from doing so much when you were alive that you were quite honestly surprised that you made it into Heaven at all.

In Heaven, though, there was no fear. Only boldness, and resolve.

You still feel that resolve, it's definitely still there, but it's a tiny bit undermined by the fact that now that you're no longer in Heaven, you're once again susceptible to fear.

That and the curse of poor timing, because it was at the same moment that you so brilliantly decided to allow yourself to freefall into Hell to avoid arousing suspicion in the demons living there that your lifelong fear of heights returned to you.

Panic grips you as you plummet from the red sky to the equally red city below.

//Red, red, RED.// Everything is red. You're going to be red soon; a red smear on the pavement of Hell's capitol city. What were you thinking? //Why in Heaven's good name did you think it was a good idea to take a swan dive into Hell?// You should have just found a more secluded place to land, or come earlier, when all the demons would have still been in hiding or preoccupied with the exterminators so you wouldn't be seen! Instead, you're going to crash into the cement below and be in the most pain you've ever been in since you died.

//I'm already dead, I can't die again. I'm already dead, I can't die again! I'm already dead, I can't die again!!// You repeat it over and over to yourself like a mantra as the ground rapidly rises up to meet you.

Foolishly, at the last second, you stretch out a wing in an attempt to catch yourself.

You hit the ground, hard.  Your wing snaps, and your breath is knocked out of you.  Your back digs into the ground, creating a large crater in the pavement.

You cry out in pain.  Everything hurts.  There's a ringing in your ears and when you open your eyes, all you can see is a blur of red.

Wheezing, you try to lift your head, but it throbs and you lay it back down.  A moment later, you try sitting up, but your limbs feel weighed down and only twitch.

As you try again to get up, you become vaguely aware of movement in the corners of your vision.

With some difficulty, you turn your head towards the stimulus.  Several fuzzy figures are slowly slinking their way in your direction.  You blink.  From what you can gather, it's a group of very strange, very diverse creatures.  

None of them look quite like another, ranging from very small to very large.  Some have horns and others don't.  Almost all of them have sharp, glinting teeth.

Demons.

And as one draws near enough that you can make out their expression, it becomes abundantly clear that they have very bad intentions.

You jolt, but your limbs stay where they are.  You scream internally for your body to move, but it refuses to listen.  Blearily, you try to lift your arms, your legs— but they won't move beyond an inch.  Desperation claws at you as the demons draw nearer.  You're locked in a fight with your own body as it protests in pain.