two.

DISTURBANCE!
CHAPTER TWO.
separated.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE NEXT MORNING, RITA WAS SURPRISED THAT SHE WOKE UP IN A COMFY BED INSTEAD OF HER USUAL HAMMOCK. In her sleep, she had forgotten all about the trauma and desperation that her and her friends had all experienced during escaping the Maze. Only when her eyes opened and scanned her surroundings was she reminded of yesterday . . . and the dreaded losses were quick to join in.

"Hey," a lazy arm wrapped around her waist as Gladers rustled around in their new beds, most likely wanting to enjoy being in a moment of sweet comfy bliss for a few more seconds. Thomas cracked one eye open, shifting himself closer to the girl. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a normal person I guess." Rita shrugged with a light chuckle, playing with her fingers as she sat up in the bed. "I can't believe how weird sleeping in a normal bed is for all of us."

"Who cares if it's weird?" Minho called from the bunk bed next to theirs, his muscular arms hugging his pillow to his chest. "It's comfy as hell!"

Rita let a small breath in a short laugh release from her nose just as her boyfriend sat up beside her, wrapping an arm round her shoulders. "I could get used to this." He muttered softly after awhile, laying his head on her shoulder like he used to do back in the Glade when they sat under the stars.

The boy smiled when he felt the girl chuckle. "What? Waking up in a room full of boys as they romanticise over their beds?"

Thomas snorted at her words, his nose nuzzling into her neck as he grinned. "No, I could do without that, thank you. What I meant is that I can get used to this; you and me, waking up in an actual bed together instead of one of our hammocks."

His face tucked into her neck made the teenage boy unable to see the affects his words had on the girl, but Rita feared that he could practically hear her heartbeat with the way it rose with a loud and meaningful thud. "I-I can get used to it too." Rita just got the words out as the door unlocked and everyone jumped
to their feet.

All of them were directed down the hallway and through into probably one of the largest rooms in the facility. It was decorated with cafeteria tables as people- male and female- filled the seats.

Rita's green orbs widened when she took all of their appearances in. They were around the same age and wore clothes similar to them . . . and they seemed to pile together in somewhat groups. "Oh my god." The words rolled off her tongue easily, her jaw hung open in a stunning realisation. "We weren't the only Maze."