three.

DISTURBANCE!
CHAPTER THREE.
the future world.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

HER EYES DIDN'T OPEN TO REVEAL THE BLEACH WHITE CEILING OF THE FACILITY WHEN HER MIND RESURFACED. Instead, the girl felt a strange rush of sensations give her a sense of overwhelming horror, succeeding in making her forget- for even a split moment- that her body was still strapped down on the hospital bed.

click. click. She felt a prod at her head, the silence clouding her ears fading away to reveal sounds of terror, increasing all around her now so much to the point it was inescapable. click. click.

Her natural instincts as a human being kicked in when she heard a woman wail for help in the distance. She held a boy no older than the age of ten in her arms, the limp arms of the boy flopping as she sobbed uncontrollably. "Someone help me! Someone help my son!"

Before her feet could even move an inch from the ground, armed men were already on the scene. They wore little to no protection for themselves, barely looking human with the way their faces were scarred and bloodied as they held rusted guns. "Get back! Get back!" They warned, raising their weapons.

The woman flinched, holding her son tighter as tears streamed like an unstopped tap. "P-Please. H-He hasn't been infected long, I swear. He's not dangerous yet."

click. click.

"Yeah, that's how it always begins." The biggest man of the three of them snarled, saliva dripping from his mouth to his chin as he looked at the woman in a deep hatred. "It always begins as one little bite . . . but then it gets worse."

"He just needs some help." The lady lamented as Rita was left to watch in horror at a distance. When did this happen? When did humans become so . . . inhuman?

"We can help him by putting a bullet in his head!" One of his comrades implored, raising his weapon in order to shoot. "Step back!"

"He just needs a cure!" The mother crowed in a deep agony as if in physical pain, sinking into herself.

click. click.

The man with his raised weapon shook his head, anger seeping through every fibre of his body as he limply shook his head. "There is no cure." And with that, two shots rang through the sky.

Rita screamed as her hand clamped over her mouth at the red that invaded her sight, tears starting to build in the corners of her now blurry eyes. Her throat choked on a sob, her green eyes blinking rapidly as a precaution to stop the waterworks.