Chapter 9

Emily's P.O.V. ~

Neither Phil and I answer. Phil grabs me gently by the arm and pulls me outside.

"We got married, Emily." He says, turning toward me.

"I know!" I say, softly.

He pauses for a second before his eyes fill with happiness. "Holy shit! We really got fucking married! I married my best friend." He laughs happily.

"You're really excited." I laugh.

"Of course I am! I've been dreaming of this since we were ten and you punched that girl for pulling my hair." He smiles and walks toward me. "I was serious when I said I love you. I married Stephanie thinking I'd be able to just be friends with you but that didn't work. I love you more than anything.-"

I cut him off, blushing. "Phil...I love you too."

"-I've always wanted you to be mine. Doug even told me one time he wanted us together, but I didn't believe him."

I cover his hand with my hand. "Phillip Wenneck." I giggle.

He looks at me.

"I love you. I have since you asked me...me of all people...to go to the middle school dance with you. I don't want this annulled if that's what you're thinking."

I uncover his mouth. He smiles widely before pulling me to him by my waist.

"We're gonna do this?" He asks.

"Yes. We're gonna do this." I giggle.

He leans down to kiss me, but the front door to the Chapel slams open causing me to jump back. Out walks Stu and Alan, looking at us.

"You coming back in?"

We sigh and I nod. "Yes, Alan. We're coming back in."

They walk back inside and I glance at Phil.

"Another time, when we have found Doug." I say, sighing.

"I'll make sure we get that chance, Mrs. Wenneck." He says, softly.

I blush and nod. "You better."

He nods and opens the door for us. I walk back inside. Eddie looks back over at us.

"Did you guys want one?" He asks, holding up the paperwork.

"No thanks, Eddie. We're gonna stay married." Phil says, putting his arm over my shoulder.

Eddie smiles and nods. "That's good to hear! You make a cute couple!"

"Thanks, Eddie." I blush and slide my hand into Phil's back pocket as he holds me close.

Alan looks at us. "You're staying married? I don't remember it!"

He throws a mini-tantrum.

"Don't worry, Alan. We'll do it again just for you." I giggle slightly.

His eyes light up. "Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Of course, buddy!" Phil smiles, before whispering in my ear. "Because I wanna remember it too."

Eddie hands Stu a piece of paper with Jade, his wife's, information on it. Alan and Stu pick up the boxes that contain the High Roller package Stu ordered. Apparently, it came with mugs, hats and even a calendar. Phil and I just ordered the one photo album and a 5x7 photo. It was the one I loved the most, where we're staring into each other's eyes.

I glance over at Phil to see him tucking something into his wallet. I giggle and raise a brow.

"What's that?" I ask, trying to peek.