Chapter 15

"There's a person in there!" One of the boys yelled.

"Boring!" The leader fake yawns. "Come on."

They get back into the car. Stu and Phil try to stop the car from leaving.

"Stop! Run me over!" Stu yells, leaning on the front of their car.

"Stu! Stu!" Phil yells, moving him out of the way.

The car moves forward to hit him and they jump slightly out of the way. The car parts in front of them and the window opens.

"Bring money to Big Rock in Mojave Desert at dawn." The leader says.

"What?" Phil asks.

"Toodaloo, motherfuckaaaaaa." The man says, as he rolls up the window.

"Well, at least take the bag off his head! Fuck!" Stu calls after the moving vehicle

"Guys!" I call out to them.

They turn to us. I point to the car, meaning 'get the fuck inside.' They run right over to me and get into the car. Phil drives as fast as he can to the hotel. We run past the elevator and straight up the stairs. Stu opens the room door and we all start searching. Phil's in the kitchen. I'm in the bedroom. Stu's in the bathroom and other bedrooms. Alan is everywhere.

I walk out of the bedroom sighing.

"Come on, get out of there." Phil pushes the chicken off the counter.

"Guys, I'm telling you. I looked for it this morning before we left. It's not anywhere." Alan says, walking into the room.

"Fuck." Phil sighs. "Em, how much you got in the bank?"

"Maybe 15. I was gonna put it down on a house so Tracy and Doug could have our apartment." I inform Phil.

He nods. "Stu?" He looks over.

"About 10 grand. I was gonna use it for the wedding." Stu says, standing straight after looking at the table.

"You're already married, so we're good there." Phil walks to the living room. "Besides, enough with Melissa. She's the worst."

He sits down on in a chair and sighs. I sit down on his lap and he wraps his arms around me.

Alan looks up from the couch cushion he was under.

"Yeah, Doug told me she had sex with a pilot or something."

"It was a bartender on a cruise. What is wrong with you people?" Stu sighs and looks at Alan.

Alan picks up a piece of pizza that was in the couch and takes a bite.

"Ew, Alan. Did you just east sofa pizza?" Stu asks, disgusted.

"Yes." Alan mumbles with a full mouth.

He puts down the cushion and keeps looking.

"What are we gonna do? We are so fucked." Phil says, putting his forehead against me.