Dancing with 500 Days of Summer [1/3]

⚠️ SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE 500 DAYS OF SUMMER ⚠️ 

Don't say I didn't warn you

Best Quotes from the Movie: 

Rachel Hansen: Just because she likes the same bizzaro crap you do doesn't mean she's your soul mate.

And

Paul: Robin is better than the girl of my dreams. She's real.

500 Days of Summer is not a love story, let's just get that through everyone's head, 500 Days of Summer is a Romance movie but not a love story. And it's the only one that matters (other than the other two on my list), see the movie is incredibly well made and the plot line differs itself from other films in the Romance genre of movies.

If this was normal Romantic Comedy, the main characters (Tom and Summer) would meet, go to coffee, start to date, than fight about something dumb and than find each other again and than the credits would roll and that would be it. No, already 500 Days of Summer starts out differently, now I won't full on spoil the movie because this movie should be watched by yourself.But I want to talk about the beauty of that Tom does not end up with Summer in the end, in fact the two end up away from each other, and Tom in the end finds another girl, but we don't see her. 500 Days of Summer, is not what you would expect, it's not a corny, sappy, cheesy boy meets girl movie, it's ending is different and it's story are different.

See Summer and Tom date in the movie, they have fun and do what I think what couples would do but I wouldn't know this because I've never dated anyone. But Tom thinks that Summer is his soulmate and they'll be together forever and ever and nothing can get between them, I mean there is no real reason on why the two shouldn't get together speaking that like the same music, same colors, same foods.

The two are perfect for each other.

But Summer clearly states to Tom that she isn't looking for anything long term, she doesn't want to be someone's girlfriend and she doesn't want to be in a committed relationship with him. He agrees and basically says, but she's my soulmate and she'll change her mind, because he thinks that they're perfect for each other.See here's the best part of 500 Days of Summer, is the fact this mentality from Tom is very common to see in people. Men and women. No matter what gender you like and what gender you are, we all think we want a certain thing in a person.
See as humans, we are always looking for a mate, it's what we do to repopulate and to find meaning to our lives. It's quite common to see, but also as humans we need to find someone compatible as well, someone who will listen to Miley Cyrus with us and not be too judgmental. Or even better loves her music just as much as we do.

But when do we get to the point on where we are in love with the idea of a person, instead of the person themselves? When does it get too far for the other person?And most importantly, is this fair to put this pressure on the other person?

See as the movie progresses, Tom starts to get angry with Summer because she doesn't want to commit to him and this leads the two to break up and than meet again only this time, she's married. Obviously Tom is not happy with this and is confused because she didn't want to be his girlfriend and now she's someone's wife?

This revaluation comes to him and he is mad, anyone would be, and Summer is in the wrong-

But is she really?Summer didn't cheat on Tom, nor did she lie or steal from him or even use him. She even told him up front that she wasn't looking to be someone's girlfriend and he agreed to this.

Another example of a real human, if we were in Tom's place and we were convinced Summer was out soulmate we would wait for her to come to her senses and than we'd be just as aggravated as Tom, and we'd pin the on the other person.

See this is quite common to see in relationships, and as Summer so kindly tells us:

Summer: I don't know, I just woke up one day and I knew.

The prompt was how to explain why you love these three movies, what story does it show? What development happens between the characters?

But I don't think I can answer that question because it's obvious Summer and Tom have changed their views on love, but it all depends on how you see the movie.

Tom was in love with the idea of Summer not her.

We. Are in love with the idea of someone, but not them really, and than if we somehow end up to each them? Well we put the pressure on them to be that person, to be the one we dream about, see the beauty of 500 Days of Summer is, that the main characters don't end up with each other. The story doesn't tell us we can be ourselves (actually don't ignore this message), that our soulmates are right around the corner. 

It tells us merely, that the girls/guys of our dreams are not what they may seem.

[Me: How did I get an A on this?]