thirty seven ⊹ safe haven on fire

⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛

⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛⇛

Everybody stood around Dale's dead body as the blood spread in the field. Glenn cried but wiped his tears away, trying to be strong.

"Come on, let's bury him" Glenn sniffled.

"Wait-" Maggie tried to stop him.

"NO! There is no waiting. We are doing this right now!" Glenn exclaimed, taking Maggie by surprise.

I gasped because I had never seen Glenn this pissed. Rick put a hand on Glenn's shoulder to calm him down. "COME ON PEOPLE! We can't leave him like this," Jim argued.

Everybody nodded as Glenn, Patricia, Jim, and T-Dog began to lift Dale's body up and carry him towards a truck. They decided to put him in the trunk. Andrea drove the truck with them inside as everybody else began to make their way back to the house. Rick, Daryl, me and Shane stood there, still stunned by what transpired.

Rick looked to Daryl as Jessica got out of Shane's hug. "Jess—" he tried to comfort me, but I put a hand up to signal I didn't want to hear it right now.

I began to walk away as Daryl turned to Rick. "I'm going to make sure she's okay" Daryl told them as Rick nodded. Daryl walked off, leaving Rick and Shane on their lonesome.

"We're not safe anymore" Rick nodded. He then looked up and saw something he had never seen before a giant horde coming straight towards the farm.

Rick was speechless; Shane was confused until he noticed what he was staring at. "Oh my god," Shane said slowly.

Shane began to walk backward slowly. "Let's go now; we have to warn the others," Rick said. Shane shook his head before running back to the farmhouse with Rick trailing behind.

Lori, Carol, Carl, Maggie, and Hershel were walking back towards the house when they saw Shane running and Rick a bit behind. "What's going on?" Hershel asked.

"We can't them distract long enough" Shane said, ignoring Hershel.

"I got this. You warn them" Rick told him as Shane nodded before Rick took off towards the barn.

"Shane, what happened?" Carl asked him.

"We need to run get everyone and everything u need-" Shane warned them without explaining.

"What is going on!" Hershel snapped.

"Walkers, a ton of them. There are too many to handle, and they're making their way towards us. We have to escape" Shane finally explained.

"Where and how far away?" Maggie inquired.

"You will see them eventually; just get packed up" Shane told them before taking off.

↫❤⤧❤↬

Rick continued to lead the walkers toward the barn, but he kept an eye on Glenn and the rest, still caring for Dale's corpse. "Glenn! Watch out!" Rick exclaimed, pointing toward the approaching threat to alert them.