Chapter 1

"THARSIS.." I almost lost balance upon seeing him leaning comfortable against the wall.

He wore a simple sweatpants and a ragged gray sweatshirt cut off at the shoulders, exposing his hard-earned muscles. His arms folded across his wide chest as his dark gaze locked on mine.

A cold chill seeped through me from what he did.

"W-what are you doing here?" Naguguluhan kong tanong sa kanya.

He arch a brow. "I don't call that much of a welcome."

"Well, I don't feel particularly welcoming." I said hotly. "Be good enough to state your business and leave my house, immediately." I stared at him straight in the eye.

His midnight blue eyes raked over me. "Very well," he took one step down and another. "Shall we call your parents?"

I snort. "A parent, Tharsis...P-A-R-E-N-T..singular and not plural!" I corrected.

A sly smile formed his lips. "We'll see about that." He move himself closer to me as if he was intentionally trying to intimidate my being. Though the impulse to step back was strong, I held my ground, trying to ignore his presence completely.

"Tharsis, Aileen!" It was the sound of a man's voice that broke the tension between the two of us.

Sabay kaming lumingon sa pinanggalingan ng boses, only to see my mom's boyfriend - si Daryll.

"OKAY, thanks Mags..yeah..yeah..I know..don't worry..its just an ー emergency..mm...okay, bye." I ended the call and head towards the vacant seat in the living room.

Now, I am seated in front of them. My mom, Areum Bae Longoria, her boyfriend Daryll Knight and my ex - Tharsis Water.

"Well..since we're all present, shall we start?" Impatience edged my words.

My mom and Daryll exchanged glances, while Tharsis seems very relaxed.

"Daryll." I call his name first. Tutal naman mukhang may malaki siyang ambag sa kung ano mang kaguluhan ito.

"Uhmm..baby girl..first, I want you to know that I really, really love your mom...at hindi ko kakayanin na mawalay pa siya sa akin.." sa haba ng litanya niya, bigla akong nairita.

I lift my left hand to cut him off. "Daryll, you know that I hate drama, right?" He nod. "So, go straight to the point."

They looked at each other. "Baby girl.." and both said in unison.

"Tharsis is my son.." He muttered, struggling for words, "and also, w-we a-are ma-married." They both showed their wedding rings.

I groaned. "What the hell?!" Napatayo ako sa upuan. Palipat-lipat na rin ang tingin ko sa kanilang tatlo. "Anong kalokohan ang mga pinagsasabi ninyo?!"

Agad na lumapit sa akin si mom. Trying to calm me down. But no, piniksi ko ang aking braso and backed away.

"Kasal? Kasal kayo?!" My voice boomed at all corners of the house. "Mom naman, we have an agreement!"

"I know hija..but what can I do?" She plead. "I learned to love Daryll.." she extend her hand and he grab it. "As he loves me.."

Bullshit.

"Then, what's with him?!" I looked at Tharsis who was still silent and relaxed, feel at home talaga.

"H-he is going to live with us, hija."

My eyes widened. "What?! No!" I screamed. "Mom..Tharsis was my ex, for crying out loud!"

"I know, baby girl..I know.." Daryll said.

I turn to him. "Really? You knew? Talaga ba? Sige nga..care to explain to me on how did that man ー" point my finger on him. "became your son? Coz the last time I check, you are single with no offspring with anyone!" I am fuming mad at him. "And for christ sake, don't lie to me! You're somewhat fifty while him is in his thirties! Como es eso posible, Daryll? Dime algo." He shook his head.

"Tharsis is indeed my son...from an old flame..." I rolled my eyes as he started to tell me his story.

I slump back to my seat, but what I really wanted is to walk away, really needed to walk away. Mahirap para sa akin ang intindihin kung saan at paano naganap ang pagpapakasal nila.

Nagpatuloy ang pag-uusap namin. They told me that they were engaged to be married right before I graduated college. They hid it from me, dahil alam na daw nila na mangyayari ang kaganapan ngayon. At tungkol naman kay Tharsis, he said that his mother, Lailah hid Tharsis from him since they're still young.

God, what a mess.

I don't really know what to do anymore. Its not that I'm against their love life, but the truth of mom's and Daryll's words permeated on me.

That Tharsis is Daryll's son from his old flame, and they are married.

The night comes and of course, nagkabati naman kaming tatlo. Hindi naman talaga ako galit sa kanila..I'm just, disappointed. Then, Tharsis left the house before lunch and he never came back.

Hindi ko naman kayang matiis ang mom ko at boto din naman talaga ako sa bago niyang asawa. I do remember the old days nung nagli-live-in pa sila.

Daryll was the sweetest among all of mom's suitors. A perfect gentleman. Ni hindi ko naringgan ng mura at masikap naman siya sa work. He always spend time with us. Tumayo rin siyang second 'dad' ko during events and even at home, dama ko naman ang sincerity ng love niya as a father and a husband.

But, what really puzzled me is about my ex-boyfriend ーTharsis Water.

I'm not quite sure, kung totoo ba talaga ang sinabi ni Daryll about him being his son. I mean, paano nangyari yun ng ganoon lang?

Eight years ang gap namin ni Tharsis and for sure, hindi lingid sa kaalaman ni Daryll ang tungkol sa past boyfriends ko. So, how come na naging anak niya ito?

I met Tharsis when I'm still young like, nineteen. He's about twenty-seven. We've been together for two years and I broke up with him dahil na rin sa ako ang may pagkukulang sa kanya.

I am so engrossed with my studies that I actually neglected him. But what hit me is that, Tharsis cheated on me but instead, he accused me on cheating with some other guy!

I remember it clearly. It was the day after our anniversary ng bigla niya akong pinuntahan sa classroom after my last subject. He was so mad that he actually punched and broke the arm rest.

"I don't know..." I paused.

"You don't know? What the hel ー what do you mean, you don't know?" His voice were dark and icy and I silently cursed myself when I looked at him. " I saw you two ー kis ー fuck!" He slammed his fist and I believe that he's just suppressing his temper.

Nakakatakot.

Shit.

I averted my gaze. "Ai, look at me.." the icy tone of his voice turned soft.

"Aileen.."