V-EDITING APPS EXPLAINED

EDITING APPS : FOR FINAL TOUCHES AND PSDS

: :

1. ADOBE LIGHTROOM

Adobe lightroom is my saving grace i swear to god.

First of all, it has good sharpening and smoothening tools like TEXTURE, CLARITY, SHARPEN, and DENOISE (you still have to smudge in Ibispaintx but adobe gives the smoothening a nice touch idk how to explain it)

You can change things from colour scheme to brightness and contrast, making your cover pop and blend together better :)

Example :

Without adobe ....

With adobe...

I am aware i spelt crimson wrong :")

It can make your covers sharper and more crisp with Texture and Sharpen, yet it can smoothen everything out with Luminous (or something like that). Just please don't go overboard with the smoothening (I didn't even smoothen for the cover above). Usually even if you use up to 10% smoothening, bold results will still show.

It also has pre saved presets, but i don't really use them except I'm trying to match a theme (eg, historical).

Btw, you can also use adobe lightroom to capture and edit pictures, which was actually the reason i started using it in the first place.

2. POLARR

Polarr is second to adobe lightroom because it doesn't have as many sharpening tools as lightroom, but the great things about polarr is that you can make and share filters (psds) .

For some reason mine can only export three times a day? Idk but I don't use it much so it doesn't bother me. I usually use polarr for my...less professional edits? If that makes sense .

3. VSCO

I don't use VSCO because i already have polarr and adobe and 단지캠 , but I've heard some good things about the app.

4. 단지캠 (dan-ji-kaem)

If you're into pastel overlay and  light colouring then 다지캠 is the app for you.

The filters are limited tho. They're quite golden and very aesthetic, but they are limited.

There is an option to turn the watermark off (워트마크–wateumakeu) just incase you try it out and get frustrated bc you can't remove the watermark and all.

I recommend this for peeps who are too lazy or uninterested to actually edit and prefer built in filters (nothing wrong with that lol. Do u boo)

5. PHOTOPEA

Since it's a website and not an app, I don't have much to say about it. I just know that designers like _isabelle_b use it to make and share psds :) and the controls are similar to that of photoshop.

(Edit : I checked, and _isabelle_b has an explanation about photopea in her tutorial book SPILLED SPIRITS. Check it out)

If you don't mind website designing, try photopea.