Chapter Seven: Start being a Superhero

I was walking down the halls of the abandoned warehouse we call home or base or homebase, whatever you feel like

I was walking down the halls of the abandoned warehouse we call home or base or homebase, whatever you feel like. It was the middle of the night, my father wanted to discuss something with me and Bates. We reach where my father was standing, waiting for us in a large dark cold room the only light being the moon shining through the large windows. You know typical supervillain base stuff.

Why does he need us this time of night? I heard the spider-themed man think. Hey, kid you better not be reading my thoughts.

But before I could answer we were greeted by him, The Controller, my father.

"Finally you came, hello Shadow Spider, hello Maxwell, son" my father greeted us.

"You do know you can just call me Bates, Sir," says the spider-themed man.

"Fine, hello Bates," said my father before looking at me and saying "Maxwell son, I need you to do something for me".

"What is it?" I ask him hoping my concern at whatever task he was going to ask me to do didn't show on my face.

"I need you to go to college", he says looking at me with a grin.

________________________________

"So, let me get this straight, first our maths teacher goes missing, then we get a replacement teacher who just happens to be buds with Shadow Spider, the second in command as far as we can tell the Eternia's Heights most famous and dangerous supe...

"So, let me get this straight, first our maths teacher goes missing, then we get a replacement teacher who just happens to be buds with Shadow Spider, the second in command as far as we can tell the Eternia's Heights most famous and dangerous supervillain The Controller, who has been quiet for the last 2 years", I said pacing around the treehouse. "Did I miss anything?" I say as I flop onto the sofa.

"Nope, I think you pretty much covered everything," Jem says with a sigh as she flops onto the sofa next to me.

"God, I'm glad, I'm not in your maths class," Jack says before joining us on the sofa.

"What are we going to do?", I ask my friends will rubbing my head, trying to soothe an oncoming headache.

"I think we should go to college like normal and forget any of this happened" Jem suggested shrugging .

"Oh yea just forget, I saw our teacher with the second in command to a criminal mastermind, yep sounds easy", I say sarcastically.

________________________________

???: You must be kicking yourself

Robin: Now that you mention it, looking back it was kinda obvious

???: Anyway back to the story

________________________________
"How about you pretend like everything's normal, but use it to spy on Mr Morrison, see if you can find out what he's up to", Jack suggested, "in the meantime ill work on creating you a mask so that even though you don't have a suit yet you can hide your identity, so you can start being a superhero".

I give my best friends a massive hug and whisper "Thank you".

We all leave to go home, to have an early night today had been stressful and we needed to get to college early tomorrow. We have a maths teacher to keep an eye on...

The next day, I headed to college like usual, my day went by as usual, I had lunch with Jem and Jack like usual. After lunch Jem and I had maths, we walked together in silence as we approached our classroom. I walked deep in thought. I couldn't stop thinking that if Mr Morrison was in fact connected to The Controller and his gang then what was he doing here, why was he teaching maths in a college, what happened to Mr Thompson, is he ok...

... I got pulled out of my thoughts as a force bumped into me or did I bump into it, it was all a blur I couldn't remember. All I remember is being on the floor of the hallway with boy I never met before opposite me.

Releasing I hadn't been paying a attention and I must have walked into him I quickly stood up and walked over to him and offered to help him up.

"Omg, omg are you ok? I'm sorry I wasn't watching where I was going, in my own little world" I said quickly laughing nervously "my names Robin but everyone just calls me Ro". I say as I grab his hand to help him up off the floor.

"Finley, or Finn for short" he says grabbing my hand as he stood up with my help, "nice to meet you Ro? Was it".

"Yes Ro, nice to meet you too Finn", I say with a smile, " hope to see you around sometime, sorry again" I say as I start walking in the direction of my maths class.

I hear footsteps behind me and the faint call of my name and turn around to see Finn trying catch my attention.

"Ro, do by any chance know where a Mr Morrison's class is?" He asked me nervously, " I'm a bit lost and I was too afraid to ask anyone, but you seem friendly enough sooo... anyway its ok if you don't...".

I cut him off, as I place my hand on his shoulder and says " Your in luck, I'm heading to his class now actually, you can walk with me and my friend Jem if you want".

He nods at me and mumbles a "thank you", followed by "I would like that very much" he says slightly louder.

We catch up with Jem was slightly in front and I introduce her to Finn.

"Finn this is my best friend Jem" I sat pointing at her and then follow with "Jem this is Finn, I accidentally pushed him over and apparently he's going to be in our maths class" I tell my friend.

"Finn cool name, like the Star Wars character" Jem says as I roll my eyes as I think she gets geekier everyday.

"Haha, yea you like Star Wars?, cause I'm a huge fan" my new friend asks Jem.

"Yes I do too very much" she says as she hold out her hand for Finn to shake, "I've got a feeling we're going to be very good friends".

As I watch their interaction I my mumble to myself...

"oh god there's two of them".

————————————————————————
Finn!! I finally get to introduced Finn!! How will Finn fit in ?

More importantly what are his powers

Annnyway, have a astonishing day week month or year!

Geronimo!
~Kalaga

*also can you tell I'm a massive geek? Or should I step up my game! Hehe