The Beginning Of My Suffering

Mei's Pov

Mei's Pov

He dragged me towards the house by the shoulder, as I hopelessly tried to fight back. Why is he here?
Why is HE here?

Once we got inside, he slammed the door behind us. Only then I was able to pull my hand out of his grip. I took a few steps back, fixing my gloves, which were nearly removed from my hands.

He then turned around and smiled at me.

" Been a while, hasn't it, Mei?" he quietly said. His voice echoed within my head and made my skin crawl.

" What are you doing here?" I stuttered.

" I just wanted to be with my daughter" he calmy replied.

Lies.

Lies, lies, LIES.

He raised his hand, attempting to stroke my head. I backed away, screaming in agony.

" Don't touch me!"

" Mei, please" he finally said, cracking me a half smile.

" I am your father, and I want to have a good relations-"

" YOU AREN'T MY FATHER!" I yelled, looking at the floor, sweat dripping on my face.

" I want us to start over. I want to be the father you need". A serious expression formed in his face.

He approached me, and pulled me closer to him. I shoved his hand.

" Stay away from me! I don't want to be anywhere near you. And if you really think that'll buy your lies again, you are more than wrong!"

" Please, Mei. I'm not lying"

I want to believe him.
I always wanted to. But I know it will be wrong. I know how things will end up once again. This isn't the first time.

" I'll believe it when I see it" I muttered under my breath and rushed to my bedroom.

I shut the door closed behind me, undressed and threw myself in bed. I crawled within the blankets, trying to calm myself down.

Why is he here?
Why did he come back? Why now?

I held the sheets closer to my body. Cause I was scared. More scared than I ever was during my entire life.
Scared of him.

I closed my eyes.
If sleeping can help me escape him,
so be it. I don't want to do anything right now.

I just wanted to wake up from this. Once I opened my eyes, everything would turn out to be just another bad dream.

It had to be....

I woke up, feeling something moving right on my face. I tried to push it away, but it came back to the same spot. Annoyed by the fact that I couldn't sleep again, I opened my eyes. A pair of huge green ones greeted me.