Night troubles

Oh please, don't be so formal! We're family now after all!" The lady said gleefully. "I'm so happy. Now I have 3 daughters!" Yup, most likely Yuzu's mom. "I will put my stuff down in the room." I said making my way to what I presumed was Yuzu's room. I set down my bag and freed my tail. I was checking my tail for injuries like I did every other day when Yuzu came barging in "Hey Y/N. Dinner is ready." She did that so suddenly that I didn't have time to recoil it back and I simply just turned around and tried hiding it. "Ok." She seemed to raise a brow but shrugged it off and left. I sighed. "Thank the lords she hadn't seen it." I muttered. Recoiling my tail, I went out to join them.

I took a seat next to Mei. Picking up our silverware, we looked at Yuzu. Yuzu obviously flinching and looking away. Then we ate dinner in peace. After dinner, we were discussing about the whole "Nee-san stuff". Sure enough, I was the eldest and in between Mei and I was the Blondie. To be fairly honest, I felt that Mei should've been in the middle. Wasn't gonna argue though. After we were dismissed, Yuzu went to have her shower. Mei and I simply took off our ties and undid our top buttons.

After Yuzu got done she, for some reason, tried to shake hands. "Hey, now that we're stepsisters, let's at least try to get along." We simply ignored her. "Mei, you can go first." I told her. She muttered an ok. Yuzu, I have no idea why, opened her mouth and said this "Say, weren't you kissing the teacher today after school?" I didn't want to even get involved. Mei kept silent. "Must've been fun huh? Was it your first kiss? What drove you? The thought of getting caught?" I legitimately glared at Yuzu. Mei went up to her and pinned Yuzu down on the Futon and kissed her. When she got up, I saw a look on Mei's Face I'd never seen before. I didn't have time to properly examine it before she hastily went into the bathroom. I looked at Yuzu next and saw her slightly shocked and trembling a bit, holding her hand near her lips. I took out my phone and searched on the internet for tape. Why? So that I could tape Yuzu to a chair and also silence her.

After Mei was done, I went in. I just took a quick 10 minute shower and changed into my sleepwear which was literally just a shirt, hoodie and pyjama pants. I figured I'd have to let the secret out eventually so I left my tail out. I dried my tail off and walked out. "Why do you have a tail?" Yuzu asked bluntly. Was this girl seriously that dumb? Apparently I had unconsciously made a pained look because Mei got up and hugged me. "It's ok if you don't say it." "Y-Yea! I-It's completely fine!" They tried assuring me but I had to tell them. "No it's ok. I'm devil spawn Yuzu." I said with a dark look in my eye. The next thing I knew, I felt my face go red. "So, like, how does it feel having a tail?" Yuzu literally grabbed my tail. "S-Stop.." I mumbled out trying to hold back a moan. Yes, my sensitive spot is my damn tail. Seeing this she let go and I breathed out a heavy breath. "Thank you. Now. I'm a devil. Do not. And I mean Do NOT grab my tail again." I slightly raised my voice. It wasn't enough to scare anyone though. After that, I simply sat down and got to doing my homework. It wasn't too hard so I didn't need Mei's help.

That night, Mei, Yuzu and I slept in three Futons. I had to take the middle simply because Mei didn't want to be too close to Yuzu. Even though it was probably only like 10:30, I was pretty much knocked out by then.

Yuzu's POV
'How are they already asleep?' I wondered. These two were weird. I could barely sleep. Especially Mei! She kissed me! That was when I heard crying..from Both of them?! Curious, I looked over. First to Y/N. "F-Father...M-Mother.." Next I heard Mei. "D-Daddy.." (cringe Ik but deal wit it-) these two were crying in their sleep. 'How Long has this been going on?' I looked at them with slight sympathy. I decided to try to fall asleep.
4am in the morning
I was still awake. I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss Mei had given me. That's when I felt someone grip my shirt. I turned red but it was dark so no one could see. 'Why is this happening to me' I said fake tears pouring down. I moved my eyes to see that Y/N was the one who gripped my shirt. She was breathing quite heavily. Almost as if she had a nightmare. I saw tears still running down her eyes. I immediately closed my eyes when she turned her head to look at Mei and I. I heard her sigh in relief and went back to sleep. 'Please tell me this isn't going to happen every night. Or is this just a nightmare that I'll wake up from? Please let it be a nightmare and that I don't have these two for stepsisters..!' I kept thinking. I knew this was no nightmare but reality. At least Y/N let go of our shirts.  I couldn't help but wonder what happened to both of them especially Y/N.

A bit of a short chapter but deal with it also 'Attention' reference there. -Author-Kun
Word count: 978 words