Prologue

December 26, 2019

The engagement party of Elijah Gavin Mowry and Rainne Eliza Henderson.

Everyone from elite society  is invited, no one is forgotten. Tonight is the union of Henderson and Mowry,  through the use of their children.

The place was set beautifully and the music that is being played is very soothing to the ears. The food is overflowing and the visitors are enjoying themselves.

Little did they know that this engagement party is a one sided love.

The union that will slowly kill Rainnes' little heart. . 

"Let us now welcome, Gavin and Rainne."

The couple was called, Rainne is wearing a pink dress while Gavin is in his white tuxedo. They are very beautiful and look like they are so in love. Gavin was holding the hand of Rainne while entering the hall.

He is like a gentleman whose head over heels to Rainne but everything is a lie.

The newly engaged couple is left alone in the garden to get some air. 

Rainne was very happy that she couldn't contain it. She was clinging to Gavin's arms like a little kid then it was pushed away by Gavin before walking fast. 

"Gav, wait for me." Rainne is walking fast, so she can walk with Gavin. 

The more Gavin hears Rainnes' voice and her steps coming near him it really makes him feel so mad. He stops and faces Rainne who is now panting and out of breath. 

"No one is around, you can now stop acting." Gavin says with anger in his voice. 

"What do you mean, Gav?" She smiles at him and tries to hold his hand but he pushes it. 

"Will you please stop? You're very annoying, don't you know that? What else do you want? I am your fiancée now, isn't it enough?" 

"Gavin, don't say that please." Rainne is now in her tears 

"Don't cry!" Gavin shouted at her and walks pass through her but Rainne follows him

"Why are you so mad at me? What did I do?" She asks 

"Stop this nonsense, stop pestering my life. Remember this, Rainne! I may be your fiancée but you will never get what you want, I will never love you. So yeah fine, locked me in this stupid love of yours but you will never have my love." 

Then Gavin walks away from Rainne, he didn't even bother to look back. 

Rainne was left alone crying and broken. No words can explain how much pain she is feeling right now. She walks out of the garden and without knowing she's already walking down the labyrinth. 

She can hear footsteps coming near her  and she thought it's Gavin but she's wrong. 

"You don't deserve a guy like him, I'm here Eli and I love you." The guy says

"What? Stop it. I need to go...." But she stopped when the guy grabbed her arm and moved his face closer to her. 

"I said I love you and I know you love me too." 

"Stop please... Stop." Rainne was crying and very weak to pull herself

"Why are you marrying that playboy? You know he's a playboy, you'll just hurt yourself." 

"I said stop. I love him." 

"No... You love me, Eli. You care for me, you're always good and sweet to me." The guy is now putting little kisses on her neck that puts a shiver in her body. 

"Please.... Please.... Pl... Stop......" 

Rainne can feel the wet kisses of the guy in his neck and that really made her feel so gross but she can't do anything, she's too weak to push the guy. 

She just cries thinking maybe someone can hear her. 

"Please stop..." The the guy stop and looks at her

"O my God! Am sorry, Eli.  I'm sorry.." and he run as fast as he can until Rainne saw nothing. 

That day is the day that changed Rainnes' life and  perspectives in life.