Chapter 12

Axel's POV

Seeing Ashton makes me feel anxious, I still remember that day when I broke up with her and how she begged me to stay. Ashton is my best friend and childhood sweetheart too, we grew up together and we are able to develop feelings that are beyond friendship. She always has this bright smile on her face, but now when she heard about Rainne, I can see how her bright smile turned into sadness. I know how hurt she is right now but I cannot do anything about that, I have Rainne now in my life and the least that I want to do is to hurt her. When Ashton asked me for a moment, I really didn't want to leave Rainne but when she gave me signal that it's okay, I followed Ash outside.

"I waited for you, hoping that...that you just need time and space." She started to cry.

I moved closer to where she is. "I'm sorry, Ash!"

"Sorry? What did I do wrong, L?" she held my hands and looked straight into my eyes.

"Nothing,, you did nothing wrong...It's me and I'm sorry!"

"Then why do I feel like I did something wrong? L... we've been together for years, then you suddenly want to go here and then now, you have a new girlfriend?"

"I didn't expect this to happen.. I don't want to hurt you Ash, but I love Rainne."

"So, you're just going to throw our memories?"

"No... of course not.. It's just that...what we had is all in the past and my present is Rainne.. I want her to be my future."

She gave me a fake smile and then her tears started to fall. "She looks nice, I just hope that she will love you more than I love you." She wipes her tears and starts to walk back inside the room. After a minute of thinking, I decided to go back to wherein I saw Ashton laughing with Rainne and my parents.. What is going on? I sat next to Rainne and held her hand.

"What are you talking to?" I asks

"Oh well.. Ash just shared your funny memories during senior year.." My dad says

"I was clever back then.. Anyway Mom, Rainnes' parents invite us for a dinner party.. "

"Really?" My Mom asks

"Yah.. Our friends will be there too.. I want you to meet them."

"Is that so? Well of course, we'll be there. I want to meet Rainnes' parents and your friends too.."

"You will love our friends, Mom. Especially Mads..she's as fashionable as you.."

"Really? I really want to meet her.."

"Can I join too?" Ashton asks

I look at Rainne and she gives me a warm smile.

"Yes, of course.." She replies to Ashton.

I gave her a warm smile before looking at Mom.. "I think we better head out now.. I still need to change, Dad I'll send you the address."

"I can call a taxi..so that you can go to our house together." Rainne suggested.

"No no.. It's fine, Rainne. I know our son wants to spend time with you though." Uncle Al says that's obviously teasing Axel.

"And besides, I made a promise to your Mom.. We go first!" I and Rainne stood up and gave my parents warm hugs and kisses. When it's now time for me to hug Ash, I feel a little awkward but then do it anyway.

"Thank you for lunch and it's nice meeting you Aunt Biaca and Ashton." Rainne says

"It's lovely to meet you.." My Mom says and gives her a warm hug. "Take care you two.. Okay? Drive carefully, son."