Chapter 6

Gavin's POV

The day when Rainne saw me with Lorrie is the day that I have been waiting for. I know that this will be the perfect reason for her to get mad at me. I don't need to feel sorry towards her emotion, not now and not even for the following years that she is still in love with me.

"That's Rainne clothes, you can borrow that and make sure to return it to her." I told Lorrie

"Why not just tell her the truth? You know I like you but....."

"Just do what I say... and I promise you, I will only go out with you aside from Rainne and it's only because I needed to."

"Then what if I fall for you? Are you going to do the same to me just like what you are doing to Rainne?"

"It's for me to decide... go change we still have class."

This may sound ridiculous but I am just protecting her from getting hurt and I need to protect myself too. And for me to do that, I need to hurt her.

I think Axel is the best way to divert her feelings for me but seeing her smile with him makes me mad too. I do care for her because she used to be my friend and I know that there is something wrong with Axel.

Why does he look so perfect for Rainne that gives me odd feelings of what he is up to. As I searched for him, there is nothing interesting about his life aside from he is the only son of famous writer and journalist Bianca Mendez, the one that Aunt Jen mentioned and his father is a business tycoon Alejandro Mendez. There is this one girl named Ashton Nijer who was tagged in his name as his long time girlfriend but broke up last year because of unknown reasons.

I keep on digging about who he is but there's nothing aside from the obvious one. I know there is something going on and I am going to find it.

It's her birthday tomorrow and my dad already bought a gift for her since according to him I don't have any plans of getting any.

Friday

I was back and forth in sending my birthday message to her early this morning and now that her birthday is a few hours away to be done.

"Hey......happy...." Erase..

"Happy Birthday...." Erase

"I hope you had a blast...." Erase

Damn it! And to my surprise she's about to enter the elevator and she's handling a bouquet of roses.

"Rainne?" It make her stop from entering the elevator and look at me

"Gavin?" I walks straight to her and handed her a small box

"Happy Birthday" I say

"You remembered?"

I nod trying to keep myself from smiling "Let's have dinner? At my place?"

"Really?"

"Yah.. Just this once since it's your birthday."

She smiled at me and clasped her arm to mine. We both entered the elevator and went to my place.

And with that, I forgot everything about my plan of disregarding her birthday.

I ordered some pizza and chicken. We ate together but none of us was talking, until she asked something that ruined everything.

"Gav?"

I looked at her while I was still drinking my beer.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

I don't hate you! I want to voice it out but I can't.