Chapter 2

School Infirmary

I tried to open my eyes but I can't, all I can hear is the sound of the monitor and that I am sure of.

I can hear some people talking, trying not to make a noise.

"Just leave for now, Axel. She wouldn't like you here, trust me."

It was Kaiden, he's asking Axel to leave, so Axel is here.

"I'll wait outside then."

Once I'm sure that Axel is already outside, I focus on opening my eyes. There I saw Kaiden and Eleona, they rushed in when they saw me awake.

"What happened?" I asked to sit and El helped me.

"You faint in the cafeteria, when you were talking to Gavin." El explains

"And where is he?"

My emotion is betraying me once again, despite my condition and how he treated me, I still hope that he's here.

"Am sorry, Rainne." El hugged me and I started to cry.

"Stop crying, you know it's bad for you." Kaiden says with a worried look

I pull away from El's hug and wipe my tears.

"I hope you didn't call my parents and if ever just let your Dad know that Gavin is here and he's the one who takes care of me." I smiled at El and she held my hand before nodding

"Thank you, Rainne for always thinking about Gavin even if......" She stops when Kaiden taps her.

"Let's not talk about him, by the way Axel is outside. He did not ask anything but he looks worried about you."

"Just the same, tell him that I am anemic that's why I easily faint."

"I have class to attend to but I'll catch you later, okay?"

"Sure."

"We'll go ahead now, I'll send him in."

After heading out I saw Axel entering the room.

"Are you okay?"

"Yap. Thank you for bringing me here, you already did so much for me and I don't know how to pay you anymore." I smiled at him and he sits on my bed

"Treat me dinner later, I think that will be good enough."

"Deal! But can I ask another favor?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you drive me home? I mean this is still my clothes from yesterday.."

He laughs and salutes me. "Ayeh Ayeh, captain."

We both laugh and he helps me get up.

"We can go back together for our next class in the afternoon." I suggested

"Sure. Let's go then so that we can still come to our 3 pm class later."

We headed to the parking lot where I saw Gavin with his friends and a girl eloping her arms to Gavin. I want to cry and slap him but I know I have no right.

Axel noticed that I was looking at someone, so he looked as well.

" I don't understand anything but the view here is irritating to eyes. Let's go!" He opens the passenger Door and helps me get inside.

"Thanks!"

We reached my place in less than 20 minutes and I let him wait in the living area.

My parents are not here every weekday, they are both busy doing their work but they are here every weekend.