Eight

Sarah's POV:

29th October 2010

It's a few days before Halloween. I'm officially 8 months pregnant. In the last few weeks my bump has grown so much. This is causing me serious back pain and I need to pee nearly every two minutes. I swear this baby doesn't want me to sleep because the kicking goes on all night as well. I can't really complain though, I have a healthy baby. The pregnancy pillow Amanda gave me really helps take the pressure off when I'm trying to sleep.
At least I'm in the third trimester. I'll get to see my baby soon.

I actually love my bump a lot, I'm going to miss it when it's gone

Today me and Amanda are going baby shopping. I need to find my crib and stroller and she needs to get some more clothes for her girls. We also need to find some Halloween costumes for a party Amanda is hosting in a few days.

My mom stayed in town since my baby shower as well, she has slowly been moving her stuff into my apartment so she can be there with me for the birth, and help me in the first few months after I've had my baby. A few months after I've had the baby I have to go off and film for a new movie I'm in, 'New year's Eve' so having my mom's help will be amazing.

"Do you want me to come to the store with you girls?" My mom asks, leaning on the kitchen island, watching me eat my breakfast.
"You can if you want, it would be a good help, since I have no idea what kind of stroller or crib I want."
"I'll go and get dressed and I'll meet you here in a few." She says, going to my bedroom to change. She has been living out of a suitcase since she got here and has been sleeping on the couch, I've offered for her to sleep in the bed next to me but she declined because she says "you need your space".

One thing she has really helped with though is getting me prepared for the labour, she helped me pack my hospital bag with everything I needed and she put it right next to my door so when I go into labour we can just grab the bag and go straight to the hospital. She also hired a midwife to come to the apartment and teach me things about labour. The midwife told me how everything was going to go, and talked through my options with me. I told her I just wanted an all natural birth, which is what most people go for, I'm not having a giant numbing injection put in my back. It was actually quite helpful having a midwife teach me everything and talk me through what was going to happen, it did freak me out a little though.
Another thing I love about my mom living here is that we always have the most fun. She worked away a lot growing up so I didn't get to spend too much time with her, when I did it was always the best. Now I have her all to myself. I want to be there all the time for my baby, as much as I can anyway.

It always makes me want to cry when my mom talks to my stomach as well, she will lay down next to me and talk to my baby, it's adorable. I love it when anyone in my family feels my baby kick, which is why I found it so cute when Amanda felt the baby kick for the first time.

I remember when she was pregnant with Frances, her first baby and I felt a kick for the first time, I started sobbing uncontrollably. I also remember when my mom was pregnant with Liz, that was so exciting for me. Life began when Liz was born. Then my dad surprised us with Rachel, which was also exciting. Every baby that has come into my life has changed my life. This one is going to be the most life changing baby of them all., because this baby belongs to me.