Nine

Sarah's POV:

20th November 2010

It's getting closer and closer to my due date everyday day. 25th of November. 5 days away. I'll be a mother in a matter of days. I wake up, like any normal day, extremely early, as usual. Try not to wake my mom who is still sleeping on the couch. My back pain has elevated a lot in the last few weeks and I've also been getting braxton hicks, which are like contractions which show you are nearly ready for the real contractions to come. So at this point I could be giving birth at any time.

I'm not really doing anything interesting today. I'm actually feeling really sick, it's the first time I've had nausea since the start of my pregnancy.

"I'll take care of you today." My mom says, sitting me down on the couch, giving me a blanket, a glass of water and a bucket in case I can't get up fast enough to get to the bathroom if i need to throw up. She gives me my prenatals and makes sure everything is good with me while I'm reading my scenes for the movie 'New years eve'. I'm not in the movie a lot, just a few scenes, but when I am in the movie I'm sharing my scenes with Jessica Biel. She's an amazing actress so I'm honoured to be able to do that. We are both playing pregnant women (ironic) that want to give birth first on new years eve to win a cash prize.

I pretty much spend the whole day sat on my couch, reading my scripts for upcoming movies and shows I'm in. My mom leaves to go and do some grocery shopping. "It might be the last time I get to go for you before you go into labour." She said to me before she left. She is adamant that in the next few days I'm going to burst. I decide to get up and walk around for a little bit while she is gone. Well, you couldn't really call it walking, it's more of a waddle, a very slow waddle with one hand clutching my aching back and the other trying to hold up my stomach to relieve pressure. My mom got me one of those yoga balls to bounce on to naturally induce labour, so i bounce a little up and down on that for a few minutes. My doctor said spicy food is also good to induce labour. At this point i just want this baby out of me. I don't want anymore of this unbearable pain. I go to the kitchen and get some leftover spicy chicken wings from the fridge and eat them. It only makes my mouth burn. I give up and flop back down onto the couch.

My mom gets home with the bag of groceries and I help them put away.

"Sweetie, sit down please, you look like you're about to burst. I can put the groceries away."

"Mom... It's my house I can put away a few groceries, I'm pregnant, not sick or anything." I snap, then start feeling a little dizzy. My mom grabs my arm and sits me on the couch.

"You're putting too much pressure on yourself."

"I'm fine, mom." I say, rubbing my head and standing back up again, I start to feel a little trickle down my leg, which shocks me.

Did i just pee myself?

"What's wrong, honey?" My mom is still clutching my arm in case I start to feel dizzy again, looking concerned. Slowly, more and more liquid starts trickling down. My mom starts to notice the marks forming down my legs, I'm too shocked to speak. My water is breaking. "Okay, it's alright, can you get on the yoga ball for me?" I nod and my mom leads me to the ball, sitting me down on it. The doctors told us not to come straight to the hospital after my water breaks, instead wait for the contractions to be 5 minutes apart.

"Have you had a contraction yet?" My mom asks, getting me a cold rag from the kitchen and putting it to my forehead.

"No" I say, holding the rag to my head as I'm bouncing on the ball, liquid is still trickling down my leg. "Mom this feels gross, can't i just sit on the toilet until my water breaks fully so I'm not getting it all over the floor?" My mom is wiping up the floor where i was stood before.