-14-

We gathered around a table. I uncomfortably sat next to Stefan. A girl finished serving us and Rebekah, Stefan, and I hesitantly ate. It was mouth-watering, but I could help and imagine the future. I shifted in my seat. "I could kiss the Council for burning up all the vervain in town. They made my life so much easier. Rebekah, love, eat your veggies." Klaus looked at his sister's plate. "I'm not eating until you apologize." She protested. "For which indiscretion? There have been so many." Klaus tried to make light of the situation, but it was foul. "You broke my neck."

"You threw away Elena's blood so I can't make any more hybrids," Nik argued. "Because you took me for granted!" Rebekah yelled. At this point, I had already begun admiring a glass. It was a common thing I did when yelling was near me or I was being yelled at. I would look at something to distract myself and drain out things around me. "Look at this, Stefan, isn't this lovely?" I showed him the stained blue glass part of it. He smiled at me, though I don't believe he wanted it to show. Klaus and Rebekah shut up, confused by my subject change.

"I'd rather be having dinner with a rat that's surely in your wine cellar than listen to you two scream." I looked back and forth between the siblings. "Alright, fine. I'm sorry. I often forget how delicate you are. Forgive me?" Klaus asked his sister. He always sounded so smug. It was annoying. "I'll take it under consideration." She crossed her arms. "Now, why don't you tell me about Rebekah's hunter?" Stefan asked. "What he meant to say was, who was Alexander?" I sighed.

"Right, Alexander. Nice chap foregoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings." He began.

-
< flashback to Italy 1114>

Klaus, Elijah, Alexander, and Rebekah were gathered around a table, partaking in a feast. A maiden poured them some wine."I am unaccustomed to such luxury." Alexander said, picking up his glass. "Well, it's the least we could do to repay you for opening our eyes to the truth. We're curious to hear more about your order. Your crusade." Elijah wondered. "We are but five men. Bound by fire in the last breath of a dying witch to a single cause; the destruction of all vampires." Alexander explained. "And how do you hope to achieve this?"

"We have the ultimate weapon which no vampire can survive."

-

"So, that's what this is about? A weapon." Stefan looked between the siblings. "Not just any weapon," Rebekah responded. "Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story," Klaus warned. "How is a weapon the answer to all my prayers?" Stefan challenged. Rebekah and Klaus looked at each other but didn't say anything. "Oh my god, fine. I'll spill. In order to find the weapon, we need to solve a puzzle. The Hunter's mark." I faced my friend. "Fat lot of good a tattoo's gonna do if we can't see it." Rebekah scoffed. "Oh, cry about it. We can't, but someone else can." I looked at Klaus. "Why don't you tell the hybrid to bring him in, love?" He asked a girl that stood in the corner. She walked out.

"You see, the hunter was so eager to get to the bottom of his mystery tattoos that he mentioned there was only one other person that can see them."

The hybrid walked back into the room. He had Jeremy in his grasp. I nearly dropped my drink. "Woah Woah woah, Klaus, Jeremy Gilbert?" I gasped. Stefan super sped out of his chair towards Jeremy. Klaus rushed past Stefan and stood between him and Jeremy. "I wouldn't. Lucky for us, young Jeremy here, is a bit of an artist." Klaus patted the boy's shoulder. "He doesn't have to help you with anything, Niklaus." I challenged. The servant grabbed Jeremy's hand and ripped his ring off, then tossed it to Klaus who caught it. He held it up for Jeremy to see. "Looks like he does."

-

Jeremy went back to sit with Connor, given his life was in danger if he didn't. Stefan took the chance to ask more about the tattoo. "So, tell me more about this tattoo." He began.

"My sister's suitor was unwilling to tell us anything. Rebekah, however, was more than willing to investigate. Isn't that right?" Klaus shamed. Rebekah looked down.
-
-flashback Italy 1114-

Rebekah and Alexander were in bed together. Rebekah was sitting on top of him and they were kissing passionately. They pulled apart and Alexander smiled. Rebekah ran her hand across the tattoo on his chest.

"How do you read these symbols?" Rebekah asked, her voice seducing. "The map took my brothers and me years to translate." He grabbed a sword leaning against the bed. "The sword is the key to reading it." He put down the sword. "Have you considered my offer? To come with me when I leave to follow the map." He asked. "I have and I would like that very much."

Alexander smiled yet again. Rebekah kissed him. When they pulled apart, Rebekah glanced over at something on the cabinet next to the bed. It was a dagger. "What is that?" She asked suspiciously.
"Oh, that. That is a very special weapon. For a very special kind of vampire." He picked it up and dipped the dagger into the white oak ash. "When my brotherhood has achieved its destiny, those monsters will cease to exist. Until then, we have the daggers." He explained. "Do you really believe they're all so evil they must be put down?"

"Let us not talk of such evil. Let us do this." He kissed her. "And this." He kissed her again. And this." He kissed her neck. "And this." He stabbed Rebekah through the heart with the silver dagger.

-

"My sister's boyfriend threw a slumber party that night. He and his brothers put us all down in our sleep. Elijah, Kol, Finn, and me. Cheers, to my sister's uncanny ability to choose men." Klaus raised his glass. "I see you aren't petty at all," I muttered, which Klaus chuckled at. "I thought the daggers didn't work on you because of your werewolf side."

Klaus smirked. "They don't."