-15-

Rebekah gasped and woke up from her "dagger nap." Klaus was standing at the foot of the bed. He was covered in blood. The walls around them were stained with smears of blood as well. "What happened?" She gasped, holding her chest. "Ask him." Her brother replied with a smirk. He stepped aside. Alexander was stabbed against the wall with his own sword. Rebekah began to cry. "Only, he cannot answer, because I have ripped out his tongue. Along with the rest of them."

"Nik, I had no idea," Rebekah promised, sobbing.
"But you should have. Your only family was nearly wiped out, because of your stupidity. What did he promise you?" Klaus stared. "Nothing. Nothing." Rebekah was shaking at this point. "He would not have made a move unless he knew you were vulnerable. You trusted him, over me! What did he promise you? What did he promise you?!"

"Nothing, Nik. Nothing." Rebekah couldn't contain it. She was trying to catch her breath between sobs. Klaus grabbed Rebekah roughly by the shoulders and made her stand her up. "Tell me, Rebekah!!"

-

"Go ahead, Rebekah. Tell him. Tell him what the hunter told you the tattoo leads to. What is this great weapon that could bring about the end of the vampire species?" Klaus demanded. "A cure. He said there was a cure."

I stood up. No. No, there isn't a cure for this. "Shut up. You're lying." I walked into the kitchen and picked up the bottle of wine. I poured another glass. How can there be a cure for this? A way out of the mourning and eternal life? No, it makes no sense. Lies. "He's telling the truth," Rebekah swore. "Then why wouldn't you have searched for it, found it? Huh? You out of everyone wants a better life. You're lying." I accused. "Because when the hunters drew their final breath that night, the marks disappeared from their body, the map was gone, the brotherhood of the Five extinct. For nine hundred years, there was not a whisper of another hunter, until our friend in there showed up in town." Klaus said, storming behind her. He, too, poured a glass.

"Well, now we have the map, what do we do next?" Rebekah crossed her arms. I raised my hand. Klaus chuckled and pointed at me. "Is it too late for me to leave?" I asked.

"Yes."
"No."

Stefan and Klaus answered in unison. "You aren't leaving. Now, plan?" Stefan told me sternly. "We don't do anything. You can't be trusted, little sister. You'll be blabbing this secret to the first boy who calls you pretty. I mean, it's pathetic, really, isn't it? How she continues to hand her heart to any man who shows her a hint of affection. You'd think she would have learned by now from the endless cycle of disappointment and deception." Klaus shamed and looked at Stefan and I. "But, I haven't, instead I stayed with you and let you leech every moment of happiness from my life! You know, at least I fared better than Finn, Klaus left him daggered because he was tired of his judgment."

I listened to the bickering. "You want the cure for Elena, don't you? So you can go back to mass producing your hybrids. That's why you brought Stefan here because you knew that he'd help you even though he hates your guts! You know what? You can shove your cure." Rebekah snapped. She gave us a glare and sped out of the house. Klaus turned towards us. "Well, that is fantastic. hope you got what you wanted out of her before you chased her off, Nik." I finished my glass and put it down, then walked out. "Where are you going now?" Stefan groaned. "To eat," I replied. "I'll see you later, I suppose, rabbit."

Stefan turned from Klaus to me. Klaus purposely called me by a nickname in front of him. I sped out of the house and into the woods.