13th

Wow.

This documentary was... sensational.

May I just say, Ava has the BEST documentaries on the lies behind America and the struggles P.O.C go through. And she's such a dang good director, I mean jeez.

If you haven't watched the documentary '13th' by Ava Duneray(pretty sure I spelled that wrong), on Netflix then you're greatly missing out. I truly believe that every American needs to see this documentary.

No matter what race.

I'm not an emotional person but Ava's documentaries are the only ones that I've ever cried over. It's just the way she directs her work and the way it just moves the audience.

It's... it's art at its finest, honestly.

The documentary basically goes through the whole loophole in the Constitution and the war on drugs.

The loophole in the Constitution is that everyone has rights, except for 'criminals'. So, what the white supremacist in command did was seize P.O.C, mostly black people, for very petty and misdemeanor crimes and lock them up in prison for life. Over two hundred thousand of these cases happens every day. That is what modern enslavement is—prison. Slavery didn't end, it's just called something else now.

The war on drugs is that police plants drugs on P.O.C and lock them up for life. White people that have murdered someone has gotten less time sentences, by the way. These are all forms of systematic racism and that's the worse type of racism. A racist with a plan, strategy. Racist in power.

The documentary goes all out on that and some more and it's so incredibly heartbreaking that this is reality and it's also so empowering because it motivates you to change what is known as reality right now.

One very true sentence that stuck with me through the whole documentary is "the opposite of criminalization is humanization."

For those who doesn't know what that means, it means that criminals are treated less than human. 'Criminals' are treated how P.O.C are treated on a daily basis. Being criminalized is the opposite of being treated like a human, is what that sentence is stating and not only in prison. When they get out of prison, that criminal record follows them wherever they decide to go.

Prison is suppose to be some form of punishment where you're suppose to do your time and change into a better person. It ultimately turns out to be a life long curse, instead. When you finally get out of that dehumanizing cage, you're only entering another one but this one is invisible.

For former prisoners, the world is an invisible cage for them. I'm not talking about the rich criminals that have enough money to bail out or after their done with their time, they have thousands of options because money is the best option.

I'm talking about the poor criminals. The ones that did their time, learned from it, and can't get hired for a job, no college will except them, don't even have money for a decent apartment, forget the college fees.

Those criminals are the ones who struggle the most in and out of jail.

And there's a lot of black people that the only reason they're in jail is because they're poor. It's because the court knew that they didn't do anything wrong but set a bail that they knew the 'criminal' couldn't afford to pay. That's another way they're enslaving black people.

That's what happened to Kalief Browder.

I don't want to get into his story yet because I'm going to make a separate chapter for him, and Cyntoia Brown.

Another saying that sticked to me was that 'the law system is fair to rich guilty people, more then poor innocent people.'

Another thing I like about the documentary is that it provides us with facts and not only opinions. They show statistics of imprisonment that truly breaks my heart to the fullest extent.

I'm going to end this by saying... P.O.C, please be careful.

Ever since we were born in or moved to America, we were forced to act extremely careful around law enforcement, the only reasoning being because of the color of our skin.

Law enforcement isn't our friend.

Law enforcement isn't there to protect us.

Law enforcement wasn't made for us.

Don't be fooled by what any of them say and pray for the P.O.C police officers that's working for these cruel executives.

They don't know that their's always an invisible whip in their bosses' hands, just waiting for the time that they 'get out of line.'

And we have to pray for the manipulated black people/P.O.C. The ones that's so far gone in the head that only God can open their eyes.

Pray for the ignorant, racist white people that willingly chooses to be ignorant, instead of making the action of looking up the facts and what's truly going on.