The Encounter

You were new to morioh high school. The short summer preceding the new semester had given you adequate time to prepare for classes, not that you were ecstatic to go. Upon first glance morioh seemed to move at a much slower pace compared than your old home, you figured this would mean nothing interesting would happen. Due to your less enthused attitude about going to school, you were now running a little late. "Dammit...why didn't I get out sooner...?" You thought out loud as you start to rush towards the gates. However to your dismay the gates guard happened to be closing the gates, the guard seemed to take great pleasure in closing the gates right in front of you. "Dammit! Please let me in! I'm only a minute late!" You said in protest. "No excuses, the time you must be here before the gates close is 8:30, one minute is still a punishable offense." The guard says with a smirk. You groan and turn away from the school in defeat. You start to walk away from the scene a bit embarrassed by what just happened, however, you were thankful that no one was around to see. As you are about to turn to walk home you notice a figure across the street that seemed to be smiling at your current predicament.

You clench you're teeth and strut across the street as if you owned it toward the smirking man. "Something funny?" You ask the slender man. The man ignores your question completely and continues to sketch away on his sketch book. "Hey I asked you a question!" You say as you reach out your hand to pull the sketch book down a little bit to gain direct eye contact with the man. This seemed to have ticked off the man a little and then he snatches his sketchbook away from your fingers. "Don't touch that! It's unfinished..." the man says as he closes it. "I don't care about that! What I do want to know is why you think me being late to school is funny!" You say trying to seem intimidating. The man laughs in response. " That's what this is about? If you really must know, I was imitating the guards expression so I could draw it." The man says as he flips to the page he was working on earlier. You stare at the page curious as to what he meant by imitating the guards expression. (Guard...what guard...was he talking about the gate guard at the school..?) you think as the man presents the page to you. The line art was very well drawn and highly detailed, but that was the least of your concerns with the art piece. Captured for all time in the drawing was your embarrassing moment at the school gate. "W-why is that in there!!" You exclaim as you shakily point your finger at the drawing. The man smirks. "Moments like these make great material for my work." He says as he closes it. "Work!? What kind of work! That's me in that drawing!" You blurt out. The man quickly opens to the page that he was on and lints to one spot in the picture showing a very slight variation from your hairstyle. "See it isn't you..." the man says knowing fairly well the character in the drawing still had a striking resemblance to you. "Right...well that still doesn't explain what you needed that moment for!" You respond. "Oh right.. you might have heard about me....I'm a famous Mangaka , Rohan Kishibe" the man says as he turns to walk away. He stops walking and shows you the drawing one more time. "Do look forward to the next issue of my manga." The man says with a chuckle before finally walking away. Part of you was fuming, but at the same time you were curious to see how the man....no Kishibe Rohan, would implement your predicament into his manga.

That was two days ago and you had nearly forgotten about your encounter with the mangaka,however, your memory was refreshed once you noticed your classmates were holding one of his mangas.you turn away and look out the window trying to ignore it. "Hey this kind of looks like you!" A classmate says as they hand it to you. As your gaze focuses on the page you realize it was your embarrassing encounter with the school guard, and upon further inspection of the art you realize the character now looked exactly like you, with no deviance whatsoever. "WHATS HE GETTING AT!?" You blurt out loud enough for the next class to hear you. "Are you okay....?" The classmate asks after taking their manga back. "O-oh yes I'm fine.....so....what is that manga called anyway...?" You ask. "Oh it's Kishibe Rohan's newest manga! It's called a chance meeting." The classmate says enthusiastically. "Though he usually doesn't write stuff like this..." the add. (A chance meeting? Does he mean our meeting...? No he couldn't write a whole manga in two days about some person he just met on a whim.) you try to reason with yourself as you return to your work. The rest of the school day went uneventfully and you prepared to go home. You held the manga in hand curious as to what you were going to find. (A chance meeting....hmph I wonder how that has anything to do with what happened to me earlier this week.....though it is what lead me to meeting him....no no I'm probably just a side character anyway....there's no way a guy could write a whole manga off one insignificant moment like that...!) you reason with yourself once more as you head home to read it. (That damn mangaka better not have messed up my nose!) you think.