motown 25

March 25th, 1983

Ariana

I sit in the audience alongside Katherine and Jospeh, who seemed even more moody tonight than he usually did, and I patiently wait for Michel's performance. I do little things like readjust my dress or twist my hair around my finger to past the time.

(a/n in case you're wondering what dress Ariana is wearing, it's the red sequin one she wore to the AMA's back in 2013)

All the other artists have been amazing so far. My personal favourite was Stevie Wonder, his talent will always have me starstruck.

The lights that were once dim are lit back up. Clapping and cheers are heard throughout the crowd.

Suddenly, the Jackson brothers, aside from Jermaine, each jump on stage and join Michael.

My eyes stick to him like glue and I marvel at how good-looking he is, sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

The melody of "I Want You Back" starts to play and they began their choreography.

"Aren't they great?" I whisper to Katherine who's close to tearing up.

"Oh, they're incredible. It brings joy to my eyes every time I see my babies up on stage, especially Michael. I always knew he was special." Her attention diverts back the performance as does mine.

I glance at Joseph, catching a glimpse of his expression and he does not look impressed.

He looks more angry than anything, I focus back on the medley and I catch Michael staring at me, looking at how attractive he is tonight causes me to blush.

His pure self flashes a smile at me but continues singing and dancing just as professional as he was before.

The medley soon finishes and I brace myself for the magic about to happen, when Berry Gordy first called Michael about Motown 25, he had no interest in doing it at all. I had to convince him to take one for the team and perform with his brother's but would this really end here with Michael not negotiating something? Nope.

He agreed to do it eventually but he had one condition and that was that he got to perform Billie Jean.

So, here he is, giving the people something they won't expect.

Him and his brothers share a few hugs before them leaving. Michael is left with a microphone in hand and no one else up there but him.

His voice booms throughout the auditorium.

"Thank you." The screams and roars of joy don't stop just yet. "Oh, you're beautiful!" He shouts into the microphone, some girls going even more crazy. A couple more thank you's are heard from Michael until the crowd died down.