New Readings

A day after that intense battle against the Germans the three admirals were all formally promoted up one rank while two empty graves were reserved for if they could retrieve Jack and Kongou's bodies. Today is a rather slow day on the Japanese base as a group of Wa-Class transport ships arrive from the Abyssal base carrying various resources that they need.

"You know... What IS in there?" Felicia asks. "We always destroyed them without knowing what was inside."

"Some of the stuff is actually pretty basic." Ru replies. "More often than not they're carrying ammo and food. On the one off occasion that they're not they can actually act as bombers and carry a whole bunch of explosives in them, but we rarely if ever do that. We can only see so many of these transport ships you know?"

"Bismarck sunk our last merchant ship and we haven't been able to get another one in a while." Felicia says as the Wa-Class ships open up their backs to reveal the vital resources they've been packed with and all of the Abyssals take what they need. Once everyone has gotten their fill one of the Abyssals helps close up the backs and the Wa-Class ships head back to the Abyssal base awaiting more shipment orders.

"Man, that really stinks." Ru replies as she and Felicia head back inside where various seamen interact with the former's fleet members while Ta is happily overlooking a little group talk between her fleet and another group of seamen. The three Kongou sisters wander around the room, dropping in on various conversations whenever they please and overall both sides are getting along very well.

"I never thought a day like this would come." Vinh chuckles. "A day where humans and Abyssals can actually get along."

"And you know, I'm actually starting to enjoy this peace." Ta chuckles back. "Really lets you get a new lease on life you know?"

"Hey, when you're too busy warring, you'll definitely want these moments of quiet in the back of your head." Linh replies. "You doing all right Haruna?"

"Haruna is all right! Maybe..." Haruna replies.

"Still thinking about Kongou aren't you?" Linh asks. "I know, we're all still hurting..." And with that Linh walks off with Haruna to somewhere more quiet so they can sort out their worries, leaving the others to their own tools. Unfortunately Haruna and Linh don't get to walk very far as a very distressed seaman ungracefully flops into the common room.

"Whoa! Are you okay? What happened?" Kirishima asks as she helps the seamen get back on his feet.

"We got some bad news!" The seaman replies. "I was working one of our subs and I detected this... THING underwater. I'm not sure what it is but I could feel a strange aura coming from it." Among the whole group the three Abyssal submarines go stiff.

"...Could you describe the aura? Like if it affected you in any way?" So asks.

"I could feel a whole mess of emotions..." The seaman replies, and Yo and Ka look at one another.

"We detected that same weird aura when we were searching for Jack and Kongou's bodies. As a matter of fact it was where the aura was coming from!" Ka says. "If you detected it so close to the docks that means..."

"What's going on? Why's it so quiet?" Miss Lycoris asks as she and the fleet admiral emerge.

"We got big problems." So replies. "One of the seamen detected that same strange aura we were reporting to you about when we were searching for Jack and Kongou."

"You don't mean to tell me..." Miss Lycoris asks, eyes going wide.

"That thing we were talking about, it's here, just underwater." Yo replies. "Everyone get ready! We don't know what the hell this thing is but we can't let it do any harm to any of us!" And with that the base begins to mobilize as everyone makes their way out to the docks and the three Abyssal submarines take to the waters to give updates on the location of the thing.

"Just stay on the lookout." Miss Lycoris says. "None of us know if this thing can even get onto the docks but if it does, that could mean trouble if we can't get it back in the water."

"If you guys are scared, then we should be scared as well cause this could very well spell the end for both sides..." The fleet admiral replies.

"Ka reporting in, I've located the thing!" Ka's voice crackles in Miss Lycoris' communicator. "It's not too close to the docks but it looks like it's about to surface! Everyone be on guard!"

"Thanks for the update. You girls get back to the docks." Miss Lycoris replies as the Abyssal submarines rush back to the docks, and just as Ka predicted the thing begins to surface.

"Oh my god..." The fleet admiral and Miss Lycoris say in shock.

"Kongou... Jack... Is that really you?" Felicia asks in disbelief.