Epilogue: Not All Must End

"So... We couldn't find the bodies after all." Miss Lycoris says as she and the fleet admiral chat with the others in the common room. "I'm sorry that we can't give them a proper burial."

"Well, at least we helped them go to a better place." The fleet admiral replies. "At least we won't be terrorized by that horror again."

"You're right." Miss Lycoris says. "So I guess we can just leave the graves as markers and we can just leave their rooms as memorials."

"Yeah, we can." The fleet admiral replies. "But what about you guys? We only entered this ceasefire because we wanted to find the bodies, and then we entered an alliance to make sure that this flying dutchman wouldn't terrorize the world, but what now? Our goals have been completed, there's not much reason to be allied anymore, eventually we'll see each other as enemies once more..." He muses.

"Why would you think it would go that way?" Miss Lycoris asks. "It doesn't have to revert to the old times you know? It would hurt to be fighting against someone who I consider a friend."

"...Really? You consider me a friend?" The fleet admiral asks. "Are you sure you're not just saying this so we won't suspect anything?"

"Look into my eyes." Miss Lycoris replies. "Do these eyes tell you I'm going to betray you at any point?" She asks. The fleet admiral takes a few seconds before they both chuckle.

"You're right." The fleet admiral says. "I guess this alliance can continue to benefit us after all. We've made new friends, new allies, and we will only continue to prosper."

"And I guess we've found new reason." Miss Lycoris replies. "A new side of humanity that we can come to love." Meanwhile in the common room the three admirals hang out with the elite Abyssals while the seamen interact with the lower ranking ones, cementing the new camaraderie.

"I never thought it would come to this day, a day where humans and Abyssals can live side by side with one another, peacefully on top of that." Ru chuckles.

"I never thought that day would come either, but this certainly helped speed up that process." Vinh chuckles back. "How are the girls back at home taking it? The news about this alliance being permanent?"

"The opposers are even fewer in numbers now and more Abyssals are beginning to support our alliance." Ta replies. "Considering you guys have been the ONLY ones able to go up against us, and likewise, I guess you could say we enjoyed our fights and we even had respect for you guys, respect that still hasn't wavered."

"I guess helping you guys put Jack and Kongou to rest only cemented that respect." Summer says.

"We were always surprised when you let the elites retreat." Ru says. "Now that we look back though, I guess it was for good reason then."

"You guys might look horrifying but you're still formidable opponents." Felicia replies. "Jack was the type to let the worthy continue to keep going, continue to get stronger so they could challenge him again. He didn't even care if they wouldn't do the same for him."

"Jack was a pretty good guy." Ru says. "While he and Kongou might not be around to see our alliance bloom, at the very least they're in a much better place now."

"Yeah, you're definitely right." Vinh replies. "Jack, wherever you are, I hope you're happy, and I hope that you're still with Kongou... May the afterlife treat the both of you well..."

The End