Chapter III: Angel of Hope

I saw a lady so radiantly blinding with her white gown while standing at the middle of a cloudy place.

"Carol?"

"Carol..."

She turned to me and with the crimson light of the dusk, I saw her heavenly face.

She's Carol and she's happy now.

"Come with me Al." she said with a smile on her face, the best one that I have seen in my entire life.

"Come and live with me." she reached out her hands to me. She's wearing my ring.

I was about to hold her hand when someone in black came and drag her away with him.

I recognized him. His face is clear to me.

"Cedric! Leave her! Let her go! Cedric!" I shouted to the man.

"Carol..." I called out but they fade into the light.

I dried my eyes from tears and I saw an angel.

She looks like my sister but her name is "Hope".

She led me to a tower and said, "She's at the top of that tower. Here's the key. But be careful; the way is dark and tempting." as she hand over a silver box to me.

Slowly I pace into the gate of the abandoned watch tower.

She's right. It is dark inside. I can't see I can't feel but I kept going on.

The wind blew hard against my way but I won't give up.

No matter how hard it will be, I will save you from him. We will live forever with each other. "Wait for me Carol! Carol... Carol..."

"Kuya, wake up! Wake up! Kuya!!!"

"Sounds familiar. Who's that?"

I opened up my eyes and realized that it was just a dream.

It's morning already.

Myrtle, my younger sister awakens me with a kisses on my cheek and with a very familiar line.

She greeted me with the line, "Good morning Kuya!" blissful and alive.

"I had your breakfast prepared! Wake up now!" and she kissed me some more on both cheeks.

I suddenly came to my senses and realized what she has done while I'm deep asleep.

"You cooked? How can you..." I asked with much doubt.

She's just seven and is quite spoiled like me. We know nothing about household chores until our parents died in a car accident on valley more than two years ago.

She pulled my hand and led me to the kitchen while saying, "I'm still short to reach the stove but I'm smarter than the stove!"

And in the dining table, I saw the so called partially edible charcoal on a plate.

"I guess your sunny side up got really hot like that burned itself." I mocked as I seat myself.

I scoped out a little of her rice and said "So creative of you that you mixed together the concept of porridge and steamed rice in one staple cuisine." And I smile with much scorn.