Secrets

Nash POV

1:15pm.

I am sitting down at the lunch table, joking around with my friends Jack, Taylor, Sam and Carter. They are currently having a competition on how many pieces of starburst they can fit into their mouths. Taylor is winning, I gave up a while ago because I can't stand the taste of starbursts. I have the feeling someone us watching me and I start to look around at the other tables. My eyes land on a guy who is staring right at me.

He has chocolate brown eyes, tan skin and brown hair styled in a quiff. I'm a sucker for brunettes. Not many people know this, but I am gay. Only my close friends are aware of my preference for boys. I'm sure people would be shocked considering I'm on the football team and hang out with so-called "jocks". I really don't give a shit what people think of me, I just feel like they don' t need to know my personal business.

"Nash, look at this," Taylor says and he opens his mouth to show me a huge glob of starburst.

"Ew, what the fuck dude. That is nasty," I tell him, laughing at him. He spits the glob at me and I dodge it and it lands on Jack who is sitting on the other side of me. He makes a face, picks it up and throws it back at Taylor.

"You're fucking gross, bro" Jack says as the bell rings, signaling the end of lunch period. My attention goes back to the guy who was staring at me. He's gathering his trash to throw away and I quickly decide to go up to him when he's at the trash can. Without saying anything to my friends, I stand and walk up to him.

I'm a very direct person, some people say I'm too intense. It's just how I am, I don't like to play games and if I want something, I'm going to get it. And right now I want him. I'm standing right behind him and before I can say anything he turns around and looks at me. His eyes widen and his mouth opens and closes a few times.

"Hey," I say to him softly. I don't want to scare him off. "I'm Nash...I noticed you noticing me. So I figured I'd come over and introduce myself."

I can see his adams apple move up and down a few times, but he doesn't say anything yet.

"What's your name?" I ask him, trying to prompt him to speak to me.

"C-Cameron," he stutters softly. I can tell I intimidate him. I have to confess I'm not sorry about it. I like being in control.

My eyes wander from his face down his body and back up to his lips. He parts his lips and takes in a deep breath.

"I've never seen you before, Cameron. What grade are you in?" I ask him. Students are walking around us, going back to their classes, but I just want to stand here and get to know Cameron. I don't want him to leave.

"I'm..I'm a junior," he replies, talking a little louder. He had been looking down for most of our interaction but now his eyes meet mine.

"Hmmmm, I'm a junior too." I comment.

"We probably just have never had any classes together," Cameron says. The bell rings again and I know I'm going to be late for my next class, but I really don't give a fuck. I take out my phone and hand it to Cameron who is looking at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Put your number in," I command him. He chews on his bottom lip as he types in his contact info. I don't think he realizes how utterly captivating he is, his quiet tone and his shy smile already drawing me in. He hands me back my phone and smiles at me.

I text him while smiling at him.

"Now you can save my number," I say to him.

The courtyard has emptied out and it's just Cameron and I left.