We Are the Stars Up In the Sky

Nash POV

9:46pm.

I open my eyes and try to clear the cobwebs from my mind. My arms are still wrapped around Cameron, but my right arm feels kind of dead because it's under him. I look at him and smile, drinking in the peaceful look on his face as he continues to sleep. I try to move my right arm from under him, but he groans softly and cuddles closer to me.

This night was definitely a success, everything went exactly as I had planned it. My mom and I had spent most of the day decorating the backyard of our log cabin and then cooking the food and making sure it stayed fresh and heated. She was excited for me, I've never really put this much effort into a first date, I wanted everything to be perfect. My mom knows that I'm gay, but my father has no idea. I doubt he would approve, but honestly I no longer give a shit about what he thinks. I didn't really want to get into such a heavy topic with Cameron on our first date, I know I'll tell him what happened, but tonight just didn't seem like the right time.

My father cheated on my mother. Not like a one night stand, it was a years long relationship and he even kept a house with his mistress. He used to be gone for weeks at time on "business trips" and none of us doubted his word. It was unbelievable that he would betray our family like that. I used to look up to my father, but after all that he did I just don't anymore. He tries to maintain the same relationship with us as when we were still a family, but I don't show the same affection as I used to. Will doesn't either, Hayes is really the only one who has a decent relationship with our father. I know he bought me the car out of guilt and I don't feel bad for accepting it. It's just funny that he thinks he can buy my love back. He lives with his mistress now, well I guess she's not really his mistress anymore since my parents got divorced but that's the way I'll always view it. He's coaching the football team this year at the school, so that's probably going to be awkward. He'll just be Coach Grier to me.

I look down at Cameron who has actually woken up while I've been thinking.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks me softly.

"Life, the universe, everything," I reply and he gives me that gorgeous smile of his. One look at that smile and all of my worries go away, it automatically puts me in a better mood.

"We should probably get going, it's getting late," I say to him. His face falls a little bit in disappointment. "I know, baby, I don't want this night to end either."

"You've set the bar pretty high, Mr.Grier. I'm not sure you're going to ever be able to surpass this night," he tells me cheekily. I lean in and give him a gentle kiss.

"It won't stop me from trying," I reply and Cameron sits up and stretches his arms out. He gets off the hammock and reaches his hands out to help pull me up. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close. Our lips meet in a soft, sweet kiss that ends far too soon.

"Seriously though," he says laying his head on my shoulder. "This has really been the best night of my life. Thank you."

"No, thank you. Thank you for allowing me to do this... you've made me so happy, Cameron. I don't think you know how much you've affected me in the last month that we've known each other." I confess to him. He lifts his head from my shoulder and gives my neck a soft kiss. He trails kisses from my neck to my lips and captures my lips in a long, deep kiss. God, I will never grow tired of Cameron's lips on mine. Never.

He pulls away and sighs softly.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I don't want to leave," he replies. We hold hands as we make our way back to the cabin.

"I'll ask my mom if we can come back up here soon," I promise him.

"That would be amazing," he says, beaming at me. We change clothes in the same room this time, our intimate moments earlier make us more comfortable in that aspect.