Tempus Fugit

Nash POV

The rest of the weekend with Cameron went by too fast. It was so relaxing to spend time with him, Carter and Matt. We are all low key, and can spend an entire day doing nothing and still be happy. It's now Sunday afternoon and Cameron and I are back in the city and at the grocery store, picking up ice cream. We're standing in front of the ice cream, pondering which flavor to buy.

"I feel like we should just get one of everything," Cameron says jokingly.

"I'm down," I respond, laughing.

"Nash?"

I turn at the sound of my name.

"Kian?" He looks so different. Cameron turns as well, he has a questioning look on his face. I feel kind of awkward because he was the neighbor that I did a lot of experimenting with our freshmen year in high school. He was a lot of my firsts and I've never really talked about him to Cameron. He moved away a while before my family moved houses.

He approaches me his arms wide open, I give him a hug and we step away from each other. Kian is very obviously checking me out, and Cameron notices and steps closer to me. He wraps his arm around me.

"Who's your friend, Nash?" He asks casually. But I know him, and I know he's jealous.

"This is Kian, he used to be my neighbor." I reply, and Kian looks at Cameron, smiling at him.

"I'm Cameron, Nash's boyfriend," Cameron introduces himself before I get a chance to.

"Lucky you," Kian says, chuckling softly.

"I didn't know you were back in the city," I tell Kian and he shrugs at me.

"I'm not really, just visiting my grandparents for a bit," He replies.

We're quiet for a moment. I'm unsure of what to say, I don't want to open a can of worms.

"It was nice seeing you, Nash. We should really catch up sometime..." He says trailing off.

"Yeah, we should," I reply, not committing to anything. He nods and gives me a small wave, then turns and walks away. I turn back to the ice cream but Cameron just keeps looking at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"That was strange," he tells me, pulling away and he studies my face.

"What do you mean? I didn't find it strange at all... just an old friend." I reply neutrally.

"Lucky me? You don't think that's a weird reply when I introduced myself as your boyfriend," Cameron says continuing to press on the subject. I know he's not going to let it go until I tell him.

"Kian and I... we experimented together when I was a freshman in highschool. I learned a lot of what I know about sex with him." I say to him, and brace myself for his reaction.

"Oh." He replies and I look at him, confused.

"What? That was in the past, I can't be mad about what you did before we even met. I'm your present and your future, and that's all that matters," he turns back and opens the door to the ice cream freezer and picks out an ice cream.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough?" He asks and lifts the carton of ice cream.

"Yes, that's perfect you goober," I reply, laughing at him.

"Who the fuck still says goober?" He comments as we walk to the register to check out.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Time flies.

I've been doing physical therapy for almost 2 months now and although I made a lot of progress in the beginning, I feel like I have stagnated and I'm not getting any better. I'm so frustrated right now because we're in December and the new season starts in January, I HAVE to be on the field by then. I feel like I'm nowhere close to that. I've started going to school again and I have physical therapy in the afternoon after school is done.