Welcome to the Fallout

Nash POV

I jog back towards my father as he waves me over. I already know where this is going, I'm certain he saw me with Cameron. I stop in front of him and look at him right in the eyes, I need to show that I'm no longer afraid of him.

He stares me down and I stare back, a blank expression on my face.

"What the hell was that before we started practice, Hamilton?" He asks me firmly.

"What are you talking about?" I shoot back, smirking. I know exactly what he's referring to, but I want to hear him say it.

"I saw you getting pretty close with that boy over there," he replies and gestures towards where Cameron is sitting. I turn my head and glance at Cameron.

"I don't know what you mean," I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms. My father begins to look more angry, his hands curling into a fist.

"You were kissing that boy!" He snarls at me.

"That boy's name is Cameron, and I'm dating him." I say bluntly.

"How dare you? How dare you commit such an abomination! I raised you to be better than that, Hamilton. I did NOT raise you to be a faggot! Committing sins and going against the teachings of God!" He yells at me.

I wish I could say that I kept calm and handled it perfectly, but I didn't. I lost my cool at his blatant hypocrisy.

"Where were those teachings when you cheated on mom? Hmm?" I ask him loudly. "Where was your faith when YOU committed adultery? When YOU lied to your family?! You're not even married and you live with your fucking mistress, what about YOUR fucking sins you hypocrite! What about 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'?? Or 'Love your neighbor as yourself'? Where are those teachings, hmm?"

My father looks stunned as I step closer to him, shoving my finger in his face.

"Did you think about God when you were screwing your mistress? Were you praying to Jesus for forgiveness when you fucked up our family?" I yell at him. I don't even get a chance to step back before my father raises his hand and slaps me. I raise my hand to my cheek, shocked that my father hit me. My palm feels my face heating up as I stare at him in rage.

"Congratulations, father. You just lost a son." I say coldly. I start to walk away but I stop and turn to him. "And I quit your shitty ass football team."

I take off my football jersey and throw it at his feet and then jog away towards Cameron, who's already running towards me. He witnessed everything.

"Nash-" He exclaims, I grab his hand and pull him along with me, not replying to him. I'm so angry right now, my face is burning from where my father slapped and believe me, he didn't hold back. I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to hold back tears that are threatening to fall. I burst into the locker room and stop in front of the sink, I lean over it as I take deep breaths.

Cameron stays quiet and rubs my back gently. I squeeze my eyes shut as tears start to fall.

"Goddamn it," I whisper as I look up at myself in the mirror. I can see the handprint from my father's hand, my pale skin inflamed from the impact.

"GODDAMN IT!" I yell and I punch the mirror, cracking the glass and hurting the hell out of my hand. 

"Nash, stop!" Cameron says holding my hands down before I can punch the mirror again. He wraps his arms around me in a tight hug and I bury my face in his neck, trying to choke back sobs but I fail. I cry into Cameron's neck, soaking his shirt. Angry, hurt tears fall down my cheeks as my body shakes at the strength of my sobbing. 

Even though I knew my father would not approve and I told myself I wouldn't care, I'm finding that I do. His words cut me deeply. And I never expected him to lay his hands on me. He's never hit us. Despite the fact that he tore our family apart he was still my father but after this I never want to speak to him again. I cry for all the happy memories I have with him, him teaching me how to tie my shoes, how to ride my bike, how to throw a football. Him cheering for me at the sidelines of my games. Smiling proudly when I threw a game winning pass. I cry for the hatred that I saw in his eyes, for the hurtful words that cameout of his mouth. I cry because I've lost my father.

Cameron just holds me and rubs my back gently as my sobs start to die down. I'm sniffling softly as he pulls back and looks at me. His eyes search mine as he wipes my tears gently and leans in to give me a soft kiss. I close my eyes, cherishing Cameron's comfort, his presence calms me down.

"I'm so sorry baby," He tells me softly. He looks down at my hand and gasps. "Oh god, Nash that doesn't look good, does it hurt?"

I look down at my hand, it's become swollen and red. I try to make a fist and wince as it hurts.

"We need to go to the nurse, get some ice for it," he says and I nod at him. He wets a paper towel and wipes my face gently. I glance at the cracked mirror, I look like shit. My eyes are red and puffy, it's clear that I've been crying.

"You're going to be fine, Nash." He tells me softly. "You have me, you have your friends, your mom and your brothers. We're here for you, we'll support you."

I nod again, not daring to say anything just yet. I feel like if I try to talk I'll just break down again. I lean in and kiss him gently, trying to pour my gratitude into the kiss. I pull back and he smiles at me, understanding what I was trying to do.

"Let's go to the nurse," he says and grasps my good hand,and leads me out of the locker room.

A/N-Intense chapter, right? Let me know what you guys think! And vote if you like it! :) I will probably have another chapter ready by tonight.