《2》second glance

▬▬▬▬▬ (Y/N)'s eyes slowly fluttered open, her brain beginning to take in her surroundings and turn on again

▬▬▬▬▬ (Y/N)'s eyes slowly fluttered open, her brain beginning to take in her surroundings and turn on again. "Hmm," she hummed to herself, noticing she was laying on the couch of her apartment and not in her bed.

"You fell asleep watching that show you're obsessed with again." (Y/N)'s sat up to see her room mate and best friend, Kiro, standing at the kitchen island, mixing something in a bowl.

Kiro and (Y/N) had been friends since high school when they met on the swim team when they were put in a relay together. Their contrasting personalities complimented one another and they always worked well together. Now they both swam for Shimogami University and continued to encourage and support each other. While Kiro was a business major and (Y/N) was a (major name) major, they were both highly ambitious and took comfort in having someone who shared passion for something.

"Ah, figures." (Y/N) chuckled and Kiro smiled.

"You're baking again?" (Y/N) asked the girl, standing up and looking at the things sprawled across the table.

"Yeah, we don't have practice today, so I figured I'd do something to occupy myself." Kiro answered as she tightened the pony tail at the top of her head. (Y/N) looked up at her chestnut haired best friend. "Doesn't the boys team have a joint practice with Hidaka today?" (Y/N) recalled.

"They do. I might stop by later, especially since Natsuya-san is in town." Kiro said.

"Oh, Ikuya's brother?" (Y/N) piped up.

"Yeah." Kiro said, visibly nervous. Kiro and Ikuya had recently began dating after knowing each other since they were five, as they swam on the same club team together. They were separated once Ikuya moved to America, but reconnected when Ikuya came back to Japan. (Y/N) was actually the one who pushed the two together, as they both could be so very oblivious at times. It was definitely one of (Y/N)'s proudest achievements.

"Don't be nervous. You've been friends with Natsuya since forever, too!" (Y/N) reassured her.

Kiro looked up from the table to meet her blue eyes with (Y/N)'s (eye-colored) one's. "I know, it's just.. I haven't talked to Natsuya since we started dating, so I just hope he approves."

"He'd be crazy not to. You and Ikuya were made for each other. I've never met two people more excited to hang out and do nothing together." (Y/N) giggled as Kiro rolled her eyes.

"You know, Natsuya seems like good boyfriend material. Why don't you come to the joint practice to meet him today? You two could hit it off..." Kiro suggested, her voice undertaking a suggestive tone.

"Absolutely not. I think I should stick to being the matchmaker in this friendship." (Y/N) shook her head.

"What about Hiyori? He's a little neurotic at times, but he's a great friend to me, and he's a swimmer-"

"Kiro, you sound insane." (Y/N) interrupted the girl.

"Well, I'm just looking out for you. I think you're at a place where you can find someone else to be happy with, and you should take advantage of that. Some people aren't able to differentiate between their own happiness and their happiness with someone else."