《8》 bliss

▬▬▬▬▬▬ It appears she has found a new happy place

▬▬▬▬▬▬ It appears she has found a new happy place. (Y/N) awoke from her slumber to find Haru sleeping next to her, laying on his back. She blinked twice, unsure if she was still dreaming. She felt blood rush to her face and her heart skip a beat when she remembered yesterday's events. Watching his chest rise and fall, she merrily recalled her kiss with Haru and the way she drifted off to sleep on his chest, her worries leaving like they were never there. Throughout the night, they must have moved during their slumber; as Haru was now next to her instead of under her. There was nothing to describe they way he made her feel. She really could not place a label on the warm, fluttery feeling that washed over her every time he walked into the same room as her.

'Oh, I know,' she mused. 'Bliss.'

Bliss was the way Haruka Nanase made (Y/N) (L/N) feel.

Sensing the movement of the girl next to him, Haru stirred before finally opening his eyes to be greeted with the harsh sunlight creeping from (Y/N)'s window. He didn't say anything, only turning to look at the female he serenaded to sleep last night.

Haru felt the need to suppress a blush when he realized he just spent the night at girl's house- that was never his intention when he came over to visit (Y/N). He had only wanted to check up on the girl after her shoulder crapped out on her and ended up kissing her. He was going to have some explaining to Makoto to do, as why he never came home to their shared apartment..

"Good morning," (Y/N) finally said, peering down at the male.

"Morning," he replied, not yet lifting his gaze from the girl.

Haru felt himself admiring the girl. Her soft morning eyes, her gently tussled bedhead. The way she still looked captivating even when she had just woken up. He found himself rubbing his eyes, for maybe he was seeing things. No one had ever looked as perfect to him as she did right now.

(Except, maybe Mackerel)

"What are you thinking about?" she softly questioned, her fingers moving to sweep his hair out of his face.

"You." he shortly responded, leaving (Y/N) to giggle at his bluntness.

"You're cute, Haru." she admitted, tilting her head as her fingers trailed the side of his jaw with a featherweight touch. Haru eased into the unfamiliar touch, feeling sparks everywhere her hand grazed his skin.

"That's what I think about you."

(Y/N) had a small smile on her face, now turning her head down to her knees as she pulled them to her chest. Haru could tell something was bothering her, but only grabbed her hand and squeezed it as a sign of reassurance. The thing that was most likely bothering her was probably her shoulder, and there was nothing he could do for her except show that he's here for her. The two basked in the quietude for a while, the comfortable silence being something they were used to by now.

"Do you have class today?" (Y/N) finally spoke up against the stillness.

"No, but I have practice in a few hours."

(Y/N) nodded, her gaze still not meeting Haru's. She laid back down next to him, hand still intertwined with his. "I miss swimming," she admitted.

"I know." he sympathized, rubbing circles on the back of her hand.

"My surgery is in two days," she stated, turning on her side to face him. "Will you be there, after?"

"I will always be there for you," he promised, placing his hand on her shoulder.

The two 18 year olds enjoyed a few hours basking in one another's company, sharing a breakfast (prepared by Haru after (Y/N) gave him free reign to use her kitchen, as her parents had left for work), and sharing a few more intimate moments between them. Sadly, all good things must come to an end and Haru eventually had to leave for practice. He promised to text her when he got home and to visit again the day of her surgery, (no sooner than that, she argued, as he would be preparing for another upcoming tournament and she had makeup work for school).

Exiting her home, a smile tugged at the corners of Haru's lips when a notification popped on to his phone.

From: (Y/N)

make sure to text me when you're home safe from practice!

He wasn't used to updating another person on his safety and whereabouts, or being responsible for someone else. However, he was now accountable to (Y/N), the girl he fell into love with and the newfound love of his life.

He wasn't quite sure what she technically was- his partner, his girlfriend? To be frank, neither of them had really communicated about it. After all, they had the type of bond that transcended words. Neither of them played into labels. Of course, he was eventually going to ask her to be his girlfriend. But for now, he loved her, and she loved him. That, they both knew. And that was enough for Haru.

He couldn't help but feel like the luckiest man in the world.

i took a long time to update because i'm feeling a bit uninspired (probably because i haven't left my house in 3 months due to covid) but i finally churned this one out :).

this story probably has anywhere between five to eight more chapters depending on how i section off the writing. this would make this book really short but that was kind of my goal. i wanted to focus more on the individual moments and romanticization of haru finding love instead of a really detailed plot. i'm not 100% satisfied with this book at the moment and i can already sense i'm going to edit it once completed but as of right now i'm content with it <3