Chapter One

"Nyo-ho! I didn't think such a lovely lady would be competing in such a gruesome race! My name is Gyro Zeppeli!" He said in a booming voice.

"Um, Y/n L/n." You said sounding kind of shy.

"Don't be shy, I won't do anything." He said kindly.

"I'm going to go to bed, um,Gyro."

"Alright, I will too then, Buona notte, Y/n." He spoke, quieting down a bit.

"Night." You said, yawning only mere seconds after. You could barely make out the moon shining through the thing material of the tent. You snuggled up in the rather large blanket you brought along with you. You knew that the desert nights often got cold. You were nice and warm, on the verge of falling into a decent slumber, when Gyro said something. You could see him shivering slightly.

"Y/n, I know I'm sort of a stranger and all but, do you mind sharing your blanket?"

"Yea, no problem, just hurry up so I can go to sleep."

" Thank you so much Y/n!" He whisper-shouted, sounding genuinely appreciative. He quickly got under the cover of your large, f/c quilt.

"Gyro, you made it cold under here!" You complained, softly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to."

"Ugh, now I'm going to freeze." You said, deciding to tap into your dramatic side a bit.

"What do you want me to do about it?" He asked, just wanting you to go back to sleep.

"Make me warm, I guess." You said sighing.

" Okay." He got closer to you and wrapped his semi-muscular arms around you, holding you close to himself. Your face lit up in a deep red color.

"Are you warm now?" He asked hoping you were.

"Y-Yes." You stuttered akwardly. You squirmed around a bit trying to get comfortable.

You realized it was nice being in his arms. You felt his long hair tickling the back of your neck. You smiled, content with a man even caring this much about you. Being so comfortable, you fell asleep rather quickly.

~Gyro POV~

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night, I could tell because the moon was still slightly illuminating everything in the tent, due to the poor quality of the cheap tent. I smiled, remembering I had Y/n in my arms.

I was pretty sure that I had fallen for someone, I was competing against. But she was so beautiful and perfect without even trying. She smelled nice, which was a bonus. Her h/c hair was so soft. I carefully nuzzled into her neck, not wanting to wake her.

 I just sort of stared at her for a good five minutes. She was so ... perfect. I couldn't even describe it. I pulled her even closer to me. I set my hand on her hip and the other was playing with her soft, rose scented hair. It was like I was cuddling with a goddess. After a while of admiring her, I drifted off into a nice sleep, still feeling her warmth pressed against me.

~Your POV~

I woke up in the very early morning, still early enough to go back to sleep. It was still very dark outside, but you could tell the sun was trying to sneak it's way into the sky.

You the remembered, you had fallen asleep in Gyro's arm's. You then realize that you loved the feeling of him pressed up against you. He smelled musty, it was so nice and inviting. You never really believed in love at first sight, but you were pretty sire this was it. He was so gentle too, but you could tell he was loving this just as much as you. You only knew tis because his fingers were tangled in with you hair and his face was nuzzled into your neck. Both were giving you goosebumps. He then, unconsciously, moved his hand from simply resting on your hip to being wrapped around your upper torso, but he then shifted again, now having an arm around the middle of your ribcage. You shivered at his touch. You put your arm over his, savoring the feeling of his hard, strong knuckles under your fingertips, which were callused from all the horse racing you did.