Chapter Four

You, Gyro, and Johnny, galloped at a steady pace through the sandy desert. The dust was flinging up with every step of your horse, causing your eyes to sting the entire trip. You had been passing through land that looked the same for hours. The three of you were then met with Mountain Tim. He then told you guys about The Devil's palm.

According to the cowboy, the place moved around and scared all the Native American's who lived around there. And, the weirdest of all, people who went there could get strange powers, called stands. Johnny had discovered that his nails could spin. They also turned a baby blue to fit in with the rest of his attire. No one really knew about Gyro, but he could still spin those strange steel ball's of his.

You on the other had also had a 'spin' ability, or stand. You could make anything spin! But, the thing was you had to touch it in order for it to spin, but unlike Gyro, you didn't have to throw it. 

It was a few hours after you encounter with Mountain Tim and everyone was nearing the finish line in . Sandman sprinted towards the goal, everyone impressed with his speed and stamina. He leaned towards the ground, if he weren't going so fast he may have fallen! Diego was fiercely fighting you and your buddies in order to win. Everyones eyes narrowed, staring at the goal that was seemingly growing larger as you approached. You wanted to win, but you didn't want to get in between the testosterone fueled feud of Diego and Gyro. You can feel the anger radiating off of them.

You ended up in the top ten, surprisingly. You didn't remember what Diego got, but you did know Johnny beat Gyro, and Gyro was livid. You yawned, as you continued trotting. The three of you had continued on to the next stage, and probably the hardest stage, stage three. Stage three was bound to be difficult because you would be passing through the Rocky Mountains. Once you had made it through the treacherous journey through the mountains, you would have to get to the end point in Canyon City. 

The three of you continued on the route the Johny said to go for a few hours, then the sun started to melt away like butter. Most of the large star peeked out from behind the rocky terrain, signaling that it was stop and go to bed. 

"Let's go sleep in that village thing!" Johnny said pointing at a stone structure. You all galloped up there to ask if you could stay there.

"Are you guys in the Steel Ball Run race?" A villager asked somewhat loudly, as they were excited.

"Yeah." Gyro muttered sounding half smug for being recognized, and half annoyed. 

"Then you can sleep here! Have a lovely night." He said happily, pointing at an empty room like thing in the side of the mountain that it was carved into.

"Thanks!" You said sounding excited, but also exhausted.

You all galloped towards the room, but you could swear you heard the tapping of hooves behind you. Finally, you looked back to confirm your suspicion, and you were met with Diego's striking blue eyes and shimmering golden hat. You rolled your eyes, but your lips couldn't help but tug up a bit. 'He isn't bad looking.' You thought to yourself, making an attempt to make your reaction at least a tiny bit reasonable.

The four of you tied your horses up on steaks, and you could see the muscles in Gyro's was twitch a bit when he his lime green eye's caught Diego's. You just simply hummed and walked into the little home. Gyro followed you, and for some unknown reason, started making coffee.

Crunch.

You were about to question Gyro on why in the world he was making coffee before bed, but before you could you heard a rather loud crunching noise. You turned around and saw Diego, crouched down and munching on some small gray rocks that had collected over time. You cocked your head, confusion distorting your features. You could hear Gyro mutter something, but the only thing you could pick up was 'what the'. 

"Is that coffee? It smells amazing. You heard his recognizable British accent resonate through the  stone walls of the house like thing. He looked up and walked into the home.

"May I have some of the coffee?" He politely You could see a little bandage on his cheek, which worried you a bit.

"Yeah, there's a mug on the counter you can have." Gyro said, to confused to say anything snarky. 

Diego's flung his head around, seemingly searching for the mug that was right in front of him. 

"Where is it?" He asked, sounding like he genuinely could not find it. 

"It's right here, Diego." You said, picking it up. You took his now scaly hand and wrapped his pointed fingers around the small black mug.

"Oh, thank you, Y/n." He said just before finishing the whole thing in one drink. Your lower jaw hung open a bit.

Before you knew what was happening, Johnny got back and Diego started to attack the three of you. You didn't really know what was happening, but you were now laying on the edge of the small mountain, trying to stay as still as possible so Diego wouldn't see you. Then, and man with blonde hair and pink clothes arrived, riding on a small brown dinosaur. You had been struck on the head by Diego because you couldn't sit still, and you blacked out.

You woke up to your arms clinging onto Gyro's waist while on his horse. You panicked a bit because you didn't see your horse. Then you turned around and saw that she was tethered to Valkyrie, and Slow Dancer and Johnny were ahead of you. You put your head on Gyro's back deciding to go back to sleep before he made you go back on your horse. It was difficult to fall asleep because of how rocky the ground was. But, you managed to fall into a deep slumber due to Gyro's warmth and intoxicating, masculine smell. You just assume they defeated the other man and Diego. 

You woke up a few minutes later to Gyro shaking you. Your eyelids slid open reluctantly.

" Y/n, it's time to wake up, we want you to be able to sleep tonight." He said with a warm little smile on his face. You could see that one of his eye's were now brown and said turbo, but you didn't question it, knowing it was a corpse part, most likely from the battle that had knocked you out.

"Ugh, fine." Valkyrie soon came to a halt. Gyro hopped off, and you slid off soon after. You got onto your own horse and you watched Gyro's muscles flex slightly as he undid the knot that bound your horse to his. Gyro moved to where he was walking beside you, and Johnny was still ahead. The three of you continued walking through the rough mountainous area, watching as the sun slowly went down.

word count: 1192

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this took so long, as it's super short. I haven't been in a very good mood lately, so bare with me. I will still be writing because it's kind of how I cope. Once again, I am so sorry for taking so long to update. 

Also, what do you guys think of the new cover?