Chapter 49: Splitting Up and Looking Around

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or The Last Airbender.

Bodyguard of Azula

Chapter 49: Splitting Up and Looking Around

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"Bijū/spirit talking"

"Bijū/spirit thinking"

(Location: Land of Fire capital)

The group walked through the gates of the capital. "Huh, not exactly what I was expecting." Azula commented as she stared at its walls. While it and the gates were impressive, as she could tell they would be able to protect the city behind it, they were completely different then what she was used to.

"What were you expecting? More red?" asked Naruto.

"Yes." She was from the Fire Nation. There was a lot of red in the capital alone. She was used to its color.

"Just because we're in the capital of the Land of Fire, doesn't mean all of it has to be red." He told her.

"I am well aware." She replied drily. Despite where she was raised, she knew that well enough.

"Are the two of you done?" Jiraiya asked them both, standing behind them.

"Yeah, just about," Naruto replied.

"Then the five of you..." Akela growled and Nyla hissed. "Sorry, the seven of you should get going. I'll stay with Team Kakashi and Koyuki."

"Right, we'll see you when we see you." Team Paragon walked past the gates and into the city, Naruto pulling the hood over his head as they did so. Soon, they disappeared within the crowd in the streets.

"Well, I guess we'd better head to the Fire Daimyo's palace." Kakashi said. They walked away from the gates in a different direction. There was another gate that went straight to the palace and shinobi who wanted to speak to the Daimyo went through that one.

Even though Kakashi, Jiraiya, and Koyuki talked to one another, the other three members didn't. Sai didn't talk because he didn't feel the need to. Sasuke and Sakura, however, didn't speak because of something else. They had been like that ever since the day before.

(Flashback)

They walked down the road, slowly making their way to their destination. All around them was nothing but trees and open skies. "Ugh." June groaned. "Can I just go ahead and meet you guys there? It's getting more and more tedious waiting on you all."

"Do you know the way to the capital, June?" Naruto asked her.

"No."

"Then stop complaining and keep on moving. Hell, even Nyla is complaining less than you are."

She gave him a half-hearted glare, but didn't say anything. She just urged the shirshu she was riding on forward. The rest of them just kept walking as well. As they did, Jiraiya walked up beside Naruto. "Hey, how long are you going to keep this up?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" The blonde asked him.

"I'm talking about you and Team Kakashi. You haven't spoken to them for the past four days and every time they've tried to do so with you, you either ignore them or walk away."

"I'm just trying to focus on the mission." He replied, keeping his eyes looking straight ahead.

"The mission hasn't even started yet, gaki. You'll have to talk to them eventually."