Chapter 4

"Jennifer what is going on with you and Nathan," someone questioned behind me.

I looked behind me and it was Mary. She was sitting down and looking at me. 

"What do you mean," I asked. 

"You know what I am talking about. He gave you a kiss on the cheek and pat your head," she happily says. 

"oh," I say. 

"You like him," she happily says. 

"Well I barely know him," I say looking down at my shoes. 

"Well I can tell you do, but you have to let him know about your past," she says. 

"I know I have to," I say. 

"You can't be scared and you have to let it out," she says. 

I looked at her and she stood up and gave me a hug. 

"Let's get to work," she happily says.

I nodded and put my apron on, a black hat on, and put on my name tag. I went to the counter of the shop and looked outside. It looked like it was going to rain hard. I looked at the time and it was only 12 pm meaning that I get off of work at 10 pm. I then went to go clean the tables and mop the floors. 

Nathan's Pov: 

I arrived at work. I went to my office and closed the blinds. I changed my professional clothes and did my hair. I then went to my desk and opened my computer. I started to do the paperwork. But I couldn't focus on my work. I could only think about Jenny. All I could think about is the fact that we actually kissed. She was so cute and shy. But there is something she is hiding. 

"Excuse me sir," someone said. 

I looked up and it was my assistance, Carmen. 

"Yes Carmen," I said looking at her. 

"Your father wanted me to send you this paper works," she says with a smile. 

I grabbed them from her hand and nodded at her. She came closer to me and sat on my lap. 

"Get off of me Carmen," I angrily say. 

"What is wrong I thought you miss me, you haven't called me in three days," she says. 

"Well maybe I haven't called you because I don't want you around me anymore," I angrily said.

"There is someone else isn't there," she questioned. 

"Carmen get off of me," I say and push her off. 

She looks at me. 

"You want me I know it," she says grabbing my tie.  

"Well no sorry I don't," I say taking her hand off of my tie. 

"Whoever she is, she doesn't know who you actually are only I do," she says. 

I look at her and look at her so deep in her eyes to her core. 

"Wouldn't you be scared of her finding out the truth about you and your problems," she says. 

I get up from my desk and look at her. 

"Get out Carmen, because I can fire you," I say to her. 

She looks at me with an angry tone. 

"You will be back I know for a fact," she says. 

She then walks away and I look at my computer and start working.