Chapter 5: The Silverscream

Year 6062

The Cloudavia planet

01/01/6062

8:31 a.m.

#

Alexa's POV

#

Sirens were blaring. Was the spaceship malfunctioning? If only I wasn't in this sack. I could hear someone's panicky footsteps and murmuring. Could it be the CEO of HAS?

I never should have trusted that Soapy Mc.Cratter ... or was it Sophie Mc.Cragger? Whatever.

I could not resist the temptation of getting out of this stuffy bag. With trembly fingers, I peeked out of my sack. What?! I couldn't believe my eyes! Soapy was pacing the gangplank and the ship was taking off!

Oh no! How do we get down to Cloudavia now? The ship was truly malfunctioning!

Then, I quietly crept out of the sack, hoping to call some marine creatures from Aquatox using the special Aquatox's Silverscream.  The Silverscream is a way Aquatoxians communicate with each other and ask for help when needed.

Standing on the gangplank, I could see the tips of the tallest buildings. "Soapy!" I called out to Soapy. She probably didn't hear me. I took a few careful steps towards her so I will not trip over my tentacles again.

Before I could reach her, She jumped off the gangplank. What?! Is she crazy?! What was I to do? Instead of using the Silverscream like any sensible Aquatoxian will do, I jumped off after her.

Big mistake.

My usually moist tentacles got blown dry. If I was an octopus, I would be dead by now. But thanks to my mermaid genre, I could survive. Below me, Soapy was falling. Fast. Doesn't she have a parachute or something? Oh no! She fainted in midair!

I tried the Silverscream (though I wasn't sure there was any marine creatures here) to get help, but as I was falling, I realized that my screams was in vain.

Suddenly, WHOOSH!

Something had caught me in midair! It was a giant flying tuna! I stroked the fish's shiny smooth scales and admired its beautiful and delicate wings.

"Thank you for saving me," I whispered to it. "You're welcome," it replied. Then I spotted Soapy falling.

"Yikes!," I yelped. "Fishy or whatever your name is, can you save my friend too?" The fish nodded and swooped down to catch her. But she kept sliding off its smooth scales. I made a wild grab with all my tentacles, with my mermaid hands clinging on to the fish. By miracle, I managed to grab hold of Soapy and not fall to my death.

With all my might, I hauled Soapy onto the fish's back. She was barely breathing.

Soapy's eyes fluttered open. "Am I dead?" "I saved you," I said with a small onuce of pride.

When she saw that she was riding on a flying fish, she black-out again. Uggh!

#

Soon, we landed on a soft patch of cloud. "Thank you," I said to the flying fish. "But I still can't walk."

"There is a wise wizard who lives here," it replied. "He can help you. I can take you and your friend to him."

"Thank you, Fishy," I said gratefully. "Please bring us there."

"My pleasure."