Chapter 6: Floating Tentacles and Familiar Names

Year 6062

The Cloudavia planet

02/03/6062

08:01 p.m.

#

Sophie's POV

#

Daylight poured through my eyelids as I slowly drifted back to consciousness.

I could barely breathe as I struggle to sit up. Everywhere hurt for some reason.

Where am I? I thought. Am I dead? I laughed at my silly question. Of course I'm not. If I was, why did everything hurt?

I squirted at the room. The room I was in was made entirely out of cloud. Sparkly cloud lights hung on the ceiling while beautiful cloud carpets decorated the floor. Cloud, cloud, cloud. Why is everything made out of clouds? I stared my clothes. Who dressed me in these cloud robes?

I drove my thoughts away from the clouds. What happened? I thought. All I remember was falling through the sky, waking up on a fish, Alexa telling me she saved me, then ... nothing. My memories were blank after that. Blank white. Empty.

The door creaked open. A person walked in, holding a bowl (made of clouds) of greenish-brownish soup. It was Alexa. "Are you okay, Soapy?" She asked, with tenderness in her voice. "My name is Sophie, not Soapy," I muttered.

She snort-laughed. "Glad to see you getting better," she replied. I glared daggers at her. "Glad to see you making fun of name," I shot back.

She giggled. My face went red. I was about to tell her a comment about her home when my head throbbed. I leaned deeper into the pillows, groaning. "Are you really okay, Soapy--I mean Sophie?" Alexa had a worried look on her face and lifted the bowl to my mouth.

I stared at the soup. It 'burbled' back. There were so many things wrong about the soup. "It has a bad colour combination and a weird smell." I paused to take a breath, "and 99.99% it won't taste good."

Alexa laughed, almost tipping the bowl in the process. "The best wizard in Cloudavia doesn't know how to make soup? Haha! You really know how to brighten things up, don't you? Haha!"

I wanted to ask her if we were in Cloudavia now, but a more intriguing question crossed my mind. "Who is Cloudavia's greatest wizard?" I asked.

"That would be me," a deep gruff voice answered. I leaned back to peek behind Alexa. A tall man whose beard touched the floor was standing at the doorway.

"His name is Merlon, and he helped me float! I won't trip over my tentacles anymore!" Alexa excitedly explained.

I froze. That name sounded familiar. I heard it on the ship before, didn't I?