Chapter 8: A new SPACESHIP!!!

Year 6062

The Cloudavia planet

03/02/6062

9:00 a.m.

#

Alexa's POV

#

Who knew Soapy's name was actually Sophie? Ha-ha! To think I always called her Soapy!

Merlon the wizard let me and Sophie stay over at his cloud tower and everything in it is made of clouds! And now, I don't even need to walk, I can float! (But not fly.)

I jumped off my cloud bed and floated over to Sophie's side of the bed. The tiles and the floor were made out of clouds so they were very squeaky and squishy. Squeak, squeak, squeak, went to tiles under my tentacles.

There was a big lump in the middle of Sophie's bed. A big cy-human lump. I poked the lump with my hand. "Wake up!" I yelled to the lump. Maybe Sophie was hiding under the covers. "We are having cotton candy for breakfast! Like, for real!" I shouted at the lump.

The lump did not even move. Not an inch. In one movement, I whipped off the covers. Pillows tumbled out. Huh? Sophie was not there.

I threw open the bathroom door.

SWOOSH!

Throwing-stars missed me by an inch.

SWOOSH!

Timidly, I peeked into the bathroom. Sophie was standing in the middle of the circular cloud bathroom, brushing her teeth with purple toothpaste! What?!

And she was brushing her teeth while flinging throwing-stars around. A lot of furniture were on the floor. And she was wearing weird sunglasses while she was brushing her teeth! (Wow, that is a lot of whiles.)

Sophie was brushing her teeth while wearing sunglasses and flinging throwing-stars around.

SWOOSH!

Another throwing-star missed me by an inch!

"SOAPY!" I yelled.

Whoops!

"Um ... I meant ..., SOPHIE!" I corrected myself. "What are you doing fling throwing-stars around while wearing weird sunglasses?" SPLAT! Sophie spat the toothpaste into the basin.

"Its my life," she said casually. "Plus they are not called weird sunglasses, they are called Visilings. They help me charge so I don't need to sleep. Done insulting my life?" She asked.

With that, she resumed brushing her teeth. "Hmph," I mumbled, then exited the room. I trudged down the stairs. Sophie was not going to ruin my perfect morning!  

Suddenly, the cloud stairs turned into a slide. Whee! I slid down the slide, and landed on a mat in the dining hall. A bowl cotton candy welcomed me. I took a spoonful. Yum! It was so good! It was my first time eating cotton candy since it doesn't exist in Aquatox.

Wait. I need a dip of water before my tentacles get completely dry.Maybe there are some damp rain clouds I can roll on outside.

Creak ... I opened the tower's front door. I saw some rain clouds a little far off. Rain clouds! Hooray!

I floated to them and started rolling on them, squeezing the clouds' water on me.

"Good morning, Alexa," said a gruff voice.

"I whipped around and saw Merlon beside me.

And behind him was a ...

SPACESHIP!!!

"It's all yours," Merlon said, smiling at the look of bewilderment on my face.