Chapter 3 : Aftermath of the storm

The storm became quiet by 7. Aashi's dress was still wet so, Uday told her to stay in. Unnati gave Aashi one of her dresses. They had dinner together and Uday said, "Wo dad aaj Brij uncle k ghar hi rukenge, wo humare family friend hai...warna wo bhi aaj humare saath hi dinner karte."

(Today dad would stay at Uncle Brij's house, he is our family friend...if it was not for him then he would have been having dinner with us.)

"Haan. Waise, dad agar Aashi se aaj milte toh bohot khush hote." Unnati said.

(Yes. By the way, dad would have been really happy to meet Aashi.)

"Yeah, he holds interest in art of all sorts, if it's beautiful." Uday said.

"Kya dada? Aap phir suru o gaye?" Unnati said.

(What is this dada? You again started?)

"Yes, Unnati. This is how he irritates me all the time." Aashi giggled.

"Oh...all the time?" Unnati said, emphasizing the phrase, 'all the time' and raising her left eyebrow.

"Nehi choti. Ise khud nehi pata ki ye kya bol rahi hai. Aisa kuch bhi nehi hai jo tum soch rahi ho." Uday said, somewhat blushing.

(No choti. She doesn't even know what she is saying. Whatever you are thinking, isn't true.)

Aashi was also blushing and said, "I mean...um...am a bit tired today so, good night."

"Yeah right. You take that room by the sea I showed you."

Then they exchanged good night and Aashi left.

Unnati then saiday, "Toh? Ab aap bataoge ki kya khichdi pak rahi hai aap dono mein?"

(So? What's going on between you two?)

"Haan actually,  am kinda in love with her. It feels like she is the one made for me. You already know how many flings I had before and....even, Jay....I know her since forever but, she is different....she is...I know...I know....my marriage is fixed and nor she is Manyata and neither she belongs to the Devgarh family but it's....am tired."

"Dada...you know what, she is the one. It's been years since you spoke your heart out and knowing her for a few months, have made that possible. It's like you are rediscovering yourself."

"I know choti but what about the contract? Manyata? Dad? And above all, what would I say to dadisa??"

"I guess you should talk to them. They all want you to be happy so they will understand. But before that, you should ask Aashi, to know, if the feeling is mutual."

"You are right choti. I was thinking, let's hangout to our resto-bar one day and I would propose her there."

"That's like my dada." Unnati smiled and hugged Uday.

The next morning, Aashi woke a bit early than usual and saw her dress has already dried and was kept on the side table. She quickly got ready and went outside. In the hallway, she met Uday, who wanted her to have breakfast but she was already running late so she took his leave.

Uday invited her to Uday niwas resto-bar on Sunday, three days after the grand event.

                    ................................

Author's Note - I was just listening to this song and thought it would be appropriate in this situation that I created. Hope you guys like it. Do comment to let me know how it was and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy :).

Take love ♥️.