Chapter 6 : The Heartbreak 2

Aashi left Udaynivas resto-bar, feeling dejected. She started walking, and took the road on the side of the sea. She was feeling disheartened because all these months, all she knew was, Uday is the one...but today, her confidence seems to fade away.

She didn't knew for how long she was walking or where she was going when suddenly a car came from the opposite side and flashed it's headlights onto her face. She was puzzled and a feeling of terror crept onto her.

A man came out of the car and headed towards her. At first, it was hard for her to understand who the man was, but as soon as he advanced a bit more, she had no more doubts and was, in fact, happy to see him.

The man said, "Aashi? What are you doing here....alone?"

"Oh...it's you...Akash.. I was really scared." Aashi said.

"No..you have got nothing to worry about but I thought...you had a date..?"

"I thought the same.."

Sensing disappointed in Aashi's voice, Akash said, "It's almost 11 now. Should I drop you? Or you may spend the night at my house as well...it's nearby."

"I just want to talk with someone right now. Everything happened so quickly that am....please can I stay over at yours tonight?"

"Yeah sure."

They went inside Akash's car and head off to his home.

The journey was a silent one. Aashi spent most of the time looking outside the window and Akash thought she needs some time to get over whatever happened with her so he stayed quiet.

After 20 minutes, Akash stopped the car as they reached his home. Aashi was still lost in her thoughts so she continued staring blankly at the window. Akash cleared his throat but Aashi didn't respond. He then went off to the other side of the car and opened her door. He said, "So, this is my home. You remember right? It's really small."

Aashi got back her consciousness and said, "No it's not at all small. In fact, I love this place but will aunty and uncle be okay with me staying over?"

"Like you never stayed over before? Remember during school days we used to do group studies and sometimes stay over at friend's house."

"Yes...but.. sorry to bother you Akash."

"Duh..what are best friends for?"

Aashi smiled a little and got off the car.

They were warmly welcomed by Akash's mother. She then said to Aashi, "Beta, tumne khana kha liya? Agar nehi toh abhi humare saath hi dinner kar lo."

("Have you had your dinner? If not, then let's do it together.")

"No aunty, am full. You people have dinner." Aashi said.

Akash knew Aashi for more than ten years. So, it was easy for him to understand that she was actually hungry. He said, "Ma, don't listen to her. You know how dumb she is, she doesn't even know when she feels hungry."

Aashi gave him a look and he chuckled.

After having dinner, Akash took Aashi to the guest's room. Akash said, "So tell me everything in detail. When we met at the resto-bar this evening, you were looking so cheerful and then suddenly what happened? And why would Uday leave you to wander alone at that hour?"

Aashi told everything that happened with her after Akash left the bar as, Akash was getting late for a meeting and also, Jay wanted to talk to Aashi alone.

After listening everything, Akash said, "But.... Why would Uday do something like that? I mean, I have never met him in person but the way you described him...I don't think he was using you all this while."

"I know but, you can never know what's inside a person's mind by only knowing him for such a short span."

Akash still seemed dissatisfied. He took a long pause and finally said, "I think you should take some rest now and think over the matter tomorrow, with a fresh mind."

"What do you suggest?"

"I think you should call or at least leave him a message....I think it's a bit... fishy. And, before taking any big step, you should talk to him directly. Now the rest is up to you."

Akash wished her good night and left.

A few moments later Aashi's phone beeped as she received a message.

Author's Note : Thanks for showing so much love. Hope you guys like this part. Do comment to let me know how it was and if you want me to add anything new or if there are any flaws and vote if you like it. Stay safe and stay happy :).

Take love 💞.